Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon - this is what I am taking with me, any suggestions?

EM1.2 + 50-200 SWD, 45mm f1.8
Sony A7R III + 24-105 f4
All stuffed into a Manfrotto messenger bag with batteries and other accessories including a sweet Leofoto, tiny CF tripod.

Anything else you guys suggest? I am leaving behind P 12-32, 12-40 pro, O 60mm macro, flashes, BCL 15mm, BCL 9mm, Zony 55mm. I am slightly undecided about 45mm but people with whom I am going with might want their impromptu portraits and since it is so tiny...why not!

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
At Monument Valley, get the sunrise from the lodge. It was a very cool shot.
I think I used a 24mm lens on a Nikon F2, to get the wide view and the range of sky colors from deep blue/black to sunrise red.
But you got to get up early for that. And bring a small flashlight, cuz the patio will be DARK.
I don't remember my exposure. I think I used a tripod, but you can probably get away with hand-holding it. And bracket like crazy, because, until you look at it on a BIG monitor, it will be hard to tell which exposure you like the best.
I shot it with Ektachrome-64, so I had to bracket, there was no post processing with slide film.

If you take the 4x4 tour, bring small bills, to leave as tip. It is bad form to put a $20 into the tip pot, and pull out change.

At Monument Valley, get the sunrise from the lodge. It was a very cool shot.
I think I used a 24mm lens on a Nikon F2, to get the wide view and the range of sky colors from deep blue/black to sunrise red.
But you got to get up early for that. And bring a small flashlight, cuz the patio will be DARK.
I don't remember my exposure. I think I used a tripod, but you can probably get away with hand-holding it. And bracket like crazy, because, until you look at it on a BIG monitor, it will be hard to tell which exposure you like the best.
I shot it with Ektachrome-64, so I had to bracket, there was no post processing with slide film.

If you take the 4x4 tour, bring small bills, to leave as tip. It is bad form to put a $20 into the tip pot, and pull out change.
Very useful tips! Thanks muchly.

Ed Diaz

Mu-43 Regular
If you have a wider option, I would bring that over the 50-200, unless you think you'll need the extra reach.

As far as the 45 goes, wouldn't you be able to take similar type portraits with the A7R iii and 24-105? I think that combo would cover just about everything and get you to ~160mm in crop mode.

24 is the widest I have currently in both the formats. I tried in the past I don't play well with wider angle!
The reason to throw in 45 is that it's so small and my bag had space even with 2 bodies and 2 big-ish lenses. That's the only prime I'm carrying, could leave it at home but I won't gain much in terms of weight/space savings...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom