1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Graduation Day & the OM-D

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by DekHog, Jun 20, 2012.

1. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    It was my daughter, Sarah's graduation day yesterday, so a great day for us all, especially as she got a first in English Literature - she and her friend now about to sit their TEFL and are off to South Korea for a year (at least). She's my baby, and I'll miss her like mad. I'm her chauffeur, confidante, and money lender (which is never returned, of course!).

Really the first time I've used the OM-D in anger due to work, family etc. I can only say, wow, what a great camera - it'll take something exceptional, something that is probably years away to make me want to change my camera body.

I know people love the IBIS and weatherproofing, but for me who likes to shoot people more than anything, the blisteringly fast focus speed, along with the hugely accurate face/eye detection just nails shots like the images below stone dead. The DR is just fantastic as well; amazing; a million miles away from my E-510 which was my first digital camera, and shocked the hell out of me when I took it on it's first trip to the Scottish highlands and it blew the bejeezus out of the highlights on about 95% of my shots.

A big round of applause also goes to the Olympus 45mm and the Panny 20mm - two of the sharpest lenses you'll ever lay your hands on..... is the OM-D expensive? Well, I thought it was before pre-ordering, but now I think it's the bargain of the year!

A great day, a happy daughter and a great camera, what more can a man ask for? :biggrin:

It's All Over!
    ictft5.jpg

A Sisterly Moment
    1zfn1ig.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Great shots!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Good stuff mate. I guess the upside of your daughter leaving is that now she can finally begin repaying you buy using her early access to great new lenses in Korea and sending them to you.

;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dek I'm glad I looked through the forum listings and found this. Congratulations to you and your daughter, I'm sure you're both proud. She looks very happy in those great photos of yours.

I'm glad your enjoying your EM5, I'm having a ball with mine.

Thanks for sharing,

best,
    icon

• Like Like x 1
  5. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Thanks, I do try.... nice feeling when quite a few of them work out as planned!

Hmm, I don't think repayment of any kind is part of the plan, and I'm not sending her $1000 to buy some lens for me.... chances of seeing the lens? Probably nil. Chances of seeing the money again? Less than nil.... :rolleyes:

Thanks, mate, I really do appreciate you taking the time to comment.... :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1