1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Got stuck in Cincy without a winter jacket

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by yekimrd, Oct 31, 2012.

1. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I was in Cincinnati for an interview on Monday and ended up staying for 2 extra days because of Sandy. I was able to get around downtown Cincinnati on the first night but I didn't bring a winter coat and got pretty sick shortly thereafter.

Just wanted to share a few photos of this nice city. As always, C & C's are welcome.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/yekimrd/8142539321/" title="Fountain1 by yekimrd, on Flickr">"800" height="600" alt="Fountain1"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/yekimrd/8142540001/" title="Roebling by yekimrd, on Flickr">"600" height="800" alt="Roebling"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/yekimrd/8140176521/" title="Cincy by yekimrd, on Flickr">"800" height="600" alt="Cincy"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/yekimrd/8142568918/" title="American by yekimrd, on Flickr">"600" height="800" alt="American"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/yekimrd/8142569568/" title="Modern by yekimrd, on Flickr">"800" height="600" alt="Modern"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/yekimrd/8140251567/" title="Fountain by yekimrd, on Flickr">"600" height="800" alt="Fountain"></a>

• Like Like x 16
  2. badcatgary

badcatgary Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Jeremy
    Great set!

#1 and #2 are my favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Really nice set. I have folks who live there and across the river in Kentucky.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Thanks very much!! What's the city in Kentucky that connects via the Roebling bridge? Is that Newport. And the airport's in what city in Kentucky?

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    That's a good set. Really nice IQ.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    The airport is right by Covington, KY - hence CVG as its three letter code.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CincinnatiDan

CincinnatiDan Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 9, 2011
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Yekimrd, I love the pictures. I hope you enjoyed your stay in the Queen City. If you get the job, I'll let you in on some of the great places you need to check out. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Awesome shots, Mikey! I love the perspective of the first shot. The second and third shots of the bridge are also great!

• Like Like x 1
  9. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I live just an hour north of there in Dayton, and I love the Roebling Bridge.

• Like Like x 1
  10. North20

North20 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    East of the Cascades, PNW
    Pat
    Man, what a terrific set - you certainly made the most of your time there :thumbup:

And lastly, get better quick!

• Like Like x 1
  11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Nice images Mike. You must like shooting up. Sorry about getting stranded, at least you put the dead time to good use.

Gary

PS- If you were stranded in LA I'd loan you a winter jacket ... but you probably wouldn't need it.
    G

• Like Like x 1
  12. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    I agree all very nice! 1st is fantastic!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Thanks very much, Dan! I'll be sure to look you up if I do end up there. I stayed at the Cincinnatian. I didn't realize Cincinnati was called the Queen City. I didn't even think that the city had a nickname. :p

14. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Thanks! I loved the 1st shot as well but was disappointed that it was a cloudless overcast day. I went back at night only to realize that the same shot wouldn't work so had to settle with a different POV for the fountain.

15. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I wonder if you know the answer to a couple of questions I have: 1) Is it me or does Roebling resemble the Brooklyn Bridge? 2) How do people get shots of the bridge from its right side?

I wanted a horizontal one to include the skyline but my vantage point was too low. I didn't bring anything wider than a 25mm. I wish I had my 60mm or 75mm with me.

16. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Thanks for the well wishes! I literally just got back home a few mins ago. Still have a very stuffy nose but at least the fever and sore throat are gone.

17. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Yup. Rode the ferry over from Covington to Cindy.

18. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Thanks! I only had my 2 wides (7-14, 12/2) and the PL25. I really don't have a preference for shooting from a low angle but I've noticed they make for very interesting UWA images.

My brother lives in LA. You're right -- After living in the East Coast, I probably won't need anything more than a windbreaker in LA. But thanks for the offer. :)

19. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Mikey, fabulous group of images. You sure have a great eye.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Very nice. Great compositions and very crisp images.

• Like Like x 1