Got rid of my GF2 for an E-P1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ggcadc, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ggcadc

ggcadc Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 11, 2011
    wow, what a difference using something that feels like a camera... no offense to lumix. even though this is an older body (the oldest of the micro-43 world i think) the IQ is better, and the interaction is solid. :thumbup:

just wanted to express my joy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I felt the same when I got rid of GF2 for E-PL2. I guess it's all individual but for me the difference in IQ (=combination of colors, noise handling, metering, flash exposure comp., IBIS to name a few) was very dramatic despite the reviews always say they're same IQ etc. I am really digging E-PL2's flash sync speed of 1/400s with manual flashes!

3. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    As an E-P1 owner I know there are lots of things to complain about it, but ultimately it's fun to use and the picture output is nice.

4. ggcadc

ggcadc Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 11, 2011
    the menus do require leet haxor skills to navigate, but as far as the experience shooting, it's nice, it's enjoyable and doesnt make me self-conscious. I'm glad to know i have some frustration to look forward to, but for right now i have no problems (could be due to my expectations for the system being lower than my expectations of a dslr, ie realistic).

oh, the 20mm 1.7 pancake is probably helping too...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.