Got rid of my GF2 for an E-P1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ggcadc, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ggcadc

ggcadc Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 11, 2011
    wow, what a difference using something that feels like a camera... no offense to lumix. even though this is an older body (the oldest of the micro-43 world i think) the IQ is better, and the interaction is solid. :thumbup:

just wanted to express my joy.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I felt the same when I got rid of GF2 for E-PL2. I guess it's all individual but for me the difference in IQ (=combination of colors, noise handling, metering, flash exposure comp., IBIS to name a few) was very dramatic despite the reviews always say they're same IQ etc. I am really digging E-PL2's flash sync speed of 1/400s with manual flashes!
  3. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    As an E-P1 owner I know there are lots of things to complain about it, but ultimately it's fun to use and the picture output is nice.
  4. ggcadc

ggcadc Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 11, 2011
    the menus do require leet haxor skills to navigate, but as far as the experience shooting, it's nice, it's enjoyable and doesnt make me self-conscious. I'm glad to know i have some frustration to look forward to, but for right now i have no problems (could be due to my expectations for the system being lower than my expectations of a dslr, ie realistic).

oh, the 20mm 1.7 pancake is probably helping too...