Got my third native lens - Olympus 45mm f1.8 - and I love it!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Ramirez, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Hello fellow shooters out here!

I just have to share my joy over my newest lens - the Oly 45 f1.8. It is fabulous!

I´ve had it just from today so I haven't had time to test it fully yet; but I did some streetshooting today and I love how close the subjects are (compared to the Lumix 14 f2.5 that I have from earlier). And it is so sharp and fast.

This is my third native lens (I didn't plan to buy so many lenses to the micro 4/3 system but I can't help myself :smile:) - I think I´m going to stop buying lenses and accessories for the system for awhile!

In the meantime I am going to fully enjoy the native trio I have; the Lumix 14 f2.5, the Olympus 14-42 IIR and the Olympus 45 f1.8.
    I think my workhorses are going to be the 14 and the 45 :)
    If I have to change focal length more often in a situation, then I´ll use the zoom lens - in all other situations when I have time - I´ll use primally the 14 and the 45 primes.
    And if I need longer focal length, I´ll put on the MMF-2 adapter and use my standard 4/3 lenses.

I am satisfied with my setup for awhile :) Just wanted to share my joy with you all fellow shooters!
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Congratulations - the Oly 45 is a gem. It's a bit long for me but when I have the occasion to use it, the lens has never let me down. :thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    I also got the LH-40B lens hood for the 45 f1.8

I also like to add that I bought the LH-40B lens hood for the 45mm lens. It looks cool attached to the lens too :)
  4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

congrats Andrew

Wow..congrats. This one is my most fav lens in MFT system and its the best value for money . I just love it . Now u need to go out and shoot some pics with it to share with us .
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Congrats! I'll have mine on Monday. Excited to have the 12,17,45 and kit lens with my epm1.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. sin77

sin77 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    Perhaps could replace 17 with 20 for better aperture size? Just a suggestion only
  7. Adobres

Adobres Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2011
    just got mine too loving it as well, its beautiful. Loving the trio 14mm 2.5 25mm 1.4 and 43mm 1.8 dont know what else to get now, maybe macro adapter for the 45mm? and a 9 mm or something really wide.... anyone have the same trio as me plus another lens that goes well?
  8. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    I would love the same trio as you.

I would get a 40-150 just to round it out. If you have money and want macro though, wait for the new m.zuiko 60mm. The 7-14 would go great as well, again, if you can afford it.
  9. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2012
    Lancs., UK
    Hi Adobres
    I have the 14mm and the 25 mm and am looking to buy the 45mm soon.
    The 25mm is a given as being really sharp but was quite surprised at how sharp the 14mm is!!
    Went out yesterday to take some pics...went to get my camera out, switched it on....nothing?? Looked in the battery compartment and @*!"! battery!!!! It was safely tucked up at home in the charger. Nice one!
  10. James Pilcher

James Pilcher Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Colorful Colorado
    Been there

Been there, done that. Also, I've had the same thing happen with my SD card; I left it plugged into the card reader slot in my laptop.

My kit is 8mm, 12mm, 25mm, and 45mm. Astoundingly sharp across the board. My kit zoom stays in a drawer.
  11. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Certainly that would give me a bit more light but I really dig my Olympus 17. When the issues with the Panasonics on Olympus cameras get resolved I'll consider purchasing their lenses.