1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Got my PL2 order in

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dcisive, Jan 7, 2011.

1. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    since it was officially announced yesterday (Thursday) I called my dealer here in town (Pixels Foto (801)233-9090) and spoke with my buddy there, the manager Neil, and he is calling in my order today for a PL2 in silver or black, whichever is more easily shippable, and a VF-2. He said he'd know by days end what they would say is the expected delivery date. The trade show indicated "January" which could even mean January 31st, who knows. I'll keep you all posted what the answer is.

2. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    i'll wait and get mine on amazon - no tax, free shipping.

yeah, i'm cheap

3. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    Patience has never been my strong suit. Besides I prefer when possible to throw my business to this brick and mortar shop that has always really taken care of me. No shipping stuff back and forth when it doesn't work right, and real people who KNOW what they are doing to talk to as well. I should know hopefully Monday about the delivery date.

4. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    I stopped going to camera stores long ago. With so many internet review sites, I can research equipment much more throughly then asking the opinion of a camera salesmen.

I was thinking about trying to preorder the PL2 but prefer to wait till there are a few hands on reviews online and hopefully the full review on dpreview.com. I have the E-PL1 now so there's no rush.

5. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    I envy those who have a good camera store locally. I live in a relatively small town (about 75,000 population,) and we have NONE. There used to be a few but since the profits from film processing have dried up, they are all out of business. Must be nice...