1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Got my Elmarit 45mm 2.8 today!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by OdzBodkinz, Jan 20, 2012.

1. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    I had rented one of these a while back, just before the Oly 45 was released. I wasn't sure which one I wanted, but after I returned the Panny, I got the Oly direct, the week it was released in the U.S. Now, I finally have them both, and I am very pleased with the way the new macro is handling on my G3.

P1030613-X2.

P1030491-X2.

P1030501-2-X2.

• Like Like x 9
  2. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Nice! First and third are awesome, though I would have added a reflector for the first one to bring out some details on the stalk.

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Stunning rendering! Clearly a good purchase.

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Love the low key flowers! Nice lighting , what is your setup?

5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Would be cool to see some comparison shots between the two 45's

• Like Like x 2
  6. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on the difference. I have the Panny and love it but find myself wondering if I'm missing anything :)

7. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    Well, aside from the focal lengths, they are very different. Over the years, I have tended to shoot both portraits and close ups of flowers (with my Nikon gear) so owning both was never a question. I did buy the Elmarit used, so it took some of the sting away from the sticker shock.

The difference between 1.8 and 2.8 is significant. They both have their uses, and it will be interesting to see which I gravitate to more.

8. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Super cool images - love the lighting!

9. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    Thanks for posting. I have the Panny and love it, but have also been thinking about the Oly - mainly for portrait work....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    Alan
    I have also just become the proud owner of 45mm 2.8 macro lens, which I bought second hand from a member on another forum here in the UK. Not had that much chance to try it out yet due to work, took some shots of a flower in the house this evening which I will download later and hope to get the girlfriend to pose later to see what it is like as a portraite lens as well. :smile: