got my 45/1.8 today -- pics inside

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by twalker294, Aug 25, 2012.

1. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Wow. What a lens. First of all, it's so pretty. It makes me want the 75 even more now because it's styled the same but bigger :smile:. And it focuses so fast!

I think I have found a new favorite lens for my OM-D. Sorry Mr. 20/1.7. I'll still use you from time to time.

Self portrait:

My daughter:

Feel free to check my Flickr stream in my sig for the full size shots if you are so inclined...
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Love the picture of your daughter!
  3. cputeq

cputeq Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Yep gotta love that 45 :)

Ditto to the daughter photo - lovely young lady, and I'm sure if you're not beating away the boys now, you will be soon.

My daughter is only 6, so I have a while yet :D

And not to leave the poor dog unmentioned, but I really wish I had a Fido to take photos of..maybe when the children get a bit older to help with walks and maintenance!
  4. incabloc

incabloc Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Her eyes stand out :2thumbs:
  5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hahaahhh ..welcome to the Oly 45 mm 1.8 addict Clubs . I rate this lens as the best MFT lens which money could buy if u can live with this focal length. I have been shooting with this one since Dec last year and just love it. You can see many threads dedicated to this lens . I am glad that someone else also prefers to use this as compared to 20 mm or 25 mm PL .Keep it up sir. Hope to see some more pics.
    You daughter is very pretty :smile:
  6. metalbernd

metalbernd Mu-43 Regular

Aug 1, 2012
    Au.......that's sharp.
  7. mperete

mperete Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2012
    NSW Australia
    I wish I saw this thread before I bought a 50mm legacy lens. F/1.4 is probably not that better than f/1.8 in subject isolation. It could turn out to be a keeper but man, the Oly 45mm is just a stellar performer!

Thanks for sharing, twalker294 :)
  8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    +1 - One of my favorite lenses. Nice!
  9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    After buying the 45mm I haven't used my legacy 50 at all - it's just such a nice, sharp lens.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    You'll love the 45mm to bits.

Both your daughter and Cody are cool! :smile:

Now, if only Olympus gave us a 25mm f/1.8 and a 17.5mm f/2.0 with the same IQ, AF performance and price. :wink:
  11. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    I like the shot of your daughter... iso 1000 and lots of "luminance" noise.. try removing the noise in your LR4 and ease up on the "clarity" slider- which will soften this shot a bit.
  12. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
    Yes, PLEASE!

Nice pics, enjoy your 45!