1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Got my 12-35 f/2.8 Today

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by michaeln, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Glad to hear your experience went well. I took a look at the only copy my brick and mortar store had, and the coatings on the front element were visibly blotchy and inconsistent. I appreciated that my salesman pointed it out, and told me that he personally was quite disappointed in the build quality as compared to Olympus high end lenses. I had to agree, but hopefully the coatings on yours are pristine and the one I saw was just an oddity. I do have to say that it certainly does not compare to the oly 12 and 75 for overall craftsmanship, but images seem great and that's what counts until it falls apart.

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Can't wait to see some shots!

3. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    I've found my zoom ring has become more comfortable to use...not sure if the lens changed or I did though.

4. Haris

Haris Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 16, 2011
    Same experience here

Zoom ring needed few days only to get smoother feeling.

5. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    Just got mine in today. I checked the zoom ring and it's smooth and the finish is very nice. I went up to the 8th floor and took a dozen shots to check out the lens' functionality and the Navy was practicing for this weekend's air show. Not a good pic but unusual for me to see during a quick lens test on a very cloudy day.

[​IMG]

6. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    No one else, on any forum, has reported issues with the coating. Are you sure it hadn't been out of the box previously and subject to fingerprint smearing? You seem to be the only person who has issues with the build quality, too.

7. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    oh... that sucks :(
    back to waiting for greatness!
    sorry to hear!