1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Got bored, destroyed a Mamiya-Sekor 55/1.4

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by KBeezie, Oct 2, 2012.

1. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    It was dinged up, front element was scuffed to hell, don't have a M42 adapter, etc. I originally took it apart to get at the aperture assembly (had some ideas about piecing together something).

Once I got it apart realized the aperture housing is one solid piece and I could screw the back element of the lens back onto that. So temporarily I taped it to the LTM adapter I have since it was roughly the same diameter to be able to just tape it on without it wiggling at all.

pen_sekor.

sekor_1.

sekor_2.

sekor_3.

sekor_4.

working distance of about 6-7 inches, it's got quite a bit of threading on the rear element so in theory you could unscrew it slowly to get some fine focusing on a tripod.

*Edit* as I was typing this the cat decided to be an ass and picked up, pushed and nocked it off the desk behind me thus cracking the edge of the rear element. *glares at cat, not the first time she did this...*

• Like Like x 3
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    You got some interesting shots with it . . . don't you just love playful cats! :biggrin: :eek: :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. KBeezie

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    Apparently if I flip around the rear element so that it's facing in the normal direction towards the lens, but much further out from the sensor I can get almost normal-ish focus range (like 6 to 12 ft from me). I'm experimenting with the possibility of rigging it up on something like a crush tube to make an extremely poor version of a tilting lens baby (so far it's worked a lil using stretchable electric tape.)

4. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    That is pretty darn cool. I admire the ability to dismantle a lens and make something of it.

5. hoggdoc

hoggdoc Mu-43 Rookie

Mount type

I'm not sure, does the Mamiya 645 lens use and M42 mount? Do anyone know of an Adapter for these lens to MFTs? :rolleyes:

6. KBeezie

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    You would just get a Mamiya 645 -> Canon adapter from fotodiox, then Canon to Micro-4/3 from fotodiox as well.

http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/mamiya-645-to-canon-eos-camera-fotodiox-pro-lens-mount-adapter.html
    Or can go with the M645 to Nikon one and then use the Nikon to M4/3. (except the EOS route you could get the one with it's own built in aperture).

PS: the above sekor is not 6x4.5, it's an old 35mm. Sekor wasn't just used on one line of cameras/lens.