Got bored, destroyed a Mamiya-Sekor 55/1.4

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by KBeezie, Oct 2, 2012.

1. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    It was dinged up, front element was scuffed to hell, don't have a M42 adapter, etc. I originally took it apart to get at the aperture assembly (had some ideas about piecing together something).

Once I got it apart realized the aperture housing is one solid piece and I could screw the back element of the lens back onto that. So temporarily I taped it to the LTM adapter I have since it was roughly the same diameter to be able to just tape it on without it wiggling at all.

pen_sekor.

sekor_1.

sekor_2.

sekor_3.

sekor_4.

working distance of about 6-7 inches, it's got quite a bit of threading on the rear element so in theory you could unscrew it slowly to get some fine focusing on a tripod.

*Edit* as I was typing this the cat decided to be an ass and picked up, pushed and nocked it off the desk behind me thus cracking the edge of the rear element. *glares at cat, not the first time she did this...*

• Like Like x 3
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    You got some interesting shots with it . . . don't you just love playful cats! :biggrin: :eek:  :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  3. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    Apparently if I flip around the rear element so that it's facing in the normal direction towards the lens, but much further out from the sensor I can get almost normal-ish focus range (like 6 to 12 ft from me). I'm experimenting with the possibility of rigging it up on something like a crush tube to make an extremely poor version of a tilting lens baby (so far it's worked a lil using stretchable electric tape.)

4. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    That is pretty darn cool. I admire the ability to dismantle a lens and make something of it.

5. hoggdoc

hoggdoc Mu-43 Rookie

Mount type

I'm not sure, does the Mamiya 645 lens use and M42 mount? Do anyone know of an Adapter for these lens to MFTs? :rolleyes: 

6. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    You would just get a Mamiya 645 -> Canon adapter from fotodiox, then Canon to Micro-4/3 from fotodiox as well.

http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/mamiya-645-to-canon-eos-camera-fotodiox-pro-lens-mount-adapter.html
    Or can go with the M645 to Nikon one and then use the Nikon to M4/3. (except the EOS route you could get the one with it's own built in aperture).

PS: the above sekor is not 6x4.5, it's an old 35mm. Sekor wasn't just used on one line of cameras/lens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.