1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Got another EM-1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ashburtononline, May 16, 2018.

1. ashburtononline

ashburtononline Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    New Zealand
    Picked up a 'mint' EM-1, with box and papers, only 2500 shutter actuation's. Came with genuine HLD-7 grip (new and unused) and a second genuine battery (also unused) ...

Olympus OMD EM1, battery grip

All for $500 USD ! Bargain!

• Like Like x 7
  2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Congrats!

Something to consider when shooting two bodies of the same type is how to prevent duplicate files.
    I shoot with two EM-1 II bodies. I have the bodies name the files based on the last few digits of the body serial number and a sequence number. That means if I import files shot on the same day with both bodies, I will not have a duplicate file name. When Lr imports the files I have it go the next step and rename using the full body serial number (something you can't do in the body) plus a 4 digit serial number.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Definitely modify the file naming structure in-camera. Since Olympus lets you use four characters, I use my initials, and then a "1" or a "2", depending on whether it not it came from my primary or secondary body.

Nothing worse that shooting images on both cameras, and having the file name of one camera overwrite a file from the other camera.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Welcome back.

5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nice purchase. I have all my Olympus cameras start with a different letter only as the following three numbers are dates followed by the sequential numbering, so a quick look at the file name will give the month & day.

6. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Nov 26, 2011
    I just add a file extension with the camera name. My recollection that LR will add “-2” if it encounters two files with the same number v

7. MirrorlessKiwi

MirrorlessKiwi Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jun 9, 2016
    NZ
    Really good score! Luckily I missed that one. Not sure the better half would have been at all understanding.

• Like Like x 1
  8. twigboy

twigboy Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 10, 2016
    Virginia
    @mcasan @ijm5012 Thanks for the custom naming information. This never occurred to me that both cameras could overlap names. Fixed that.

9. ashburtononline

ashburtononline Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    New Zealand
    Yeah ... all good on the filenames. I already have 2x EM1's for several years. Just couldn't resist another at that price...

FYI, I had a shutter fail a few weeks back .... it began locking up occasionally. A&E Electronics repaired it in 24 hours. New Shutter cost $45.00 ... cheaper that I expected!

Dismantle camera, remove and replace shutter unit. Reassemble and recalibrate.
    Clean sensor. Checked functions.

Repair Completed: 27/04/2018
    27/04/2018: Estimate Approved:
    Parts: NZ$44.54
    Labour: NZ$115.00
    Shipping: NZ$12.00
    Subtotal: NZ$171.54
    GST: (15.000%) $25.73
    TOTAL DUE: NZ$197.27

Not bad at all. A&E rock .....

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.