1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Got a Zuiko OM 50/3.5 macro

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by zettapixel, Sep 8, 2010.

1. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Just got a macro lens for my E-P1 and now I'm thinking my Canon 60/2.8 macro has to go (although E-P1 has no flash). It's much more convenient to focus with :43: and quality is, well, exactly what I expected from a macro lens. Paid $50.
    Both shots are cropped, but that's ok, I ordered extension tubes for $15.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I had that lens. Very nice, very sharp. I ended up upgrading to the OM 50mm 2.0, but that's only because I wanted the lens to double for portraits, but in terms of strictly macro, and in terms of cost ($50 vs. over $300 for the 50/2), that's a great lens. Very compact, too.

3. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    That's exactly what made me choose it, it's smaller than similar lenses from other brands, plus I already had an OM adapter.

4. couchpotato

couchpotato New to Mu-43

Aug 3, 2010
    I bade the lens with euro90 twice on eBay, lost both time. Better luck next time. Really good IQ for the money, and like its compact size.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.