gorillapod gp2 for an e-p2?

yordanrhapsody

Mu-43 Regular
hi there, I see many of you are using gorillapods for your equipment

do you think gp2 is good enough for my e-p2 or I need the bigger gp3?

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
I use a Gorillapod SLR Zoom which is rated to 3kg and have a small Slik ball head mounted on it. When used in tripod mode it is not the most stable thing in the world and I wouldn't want to bother with any of the ligher ones.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I can never "get on" with the one I bought - I can never get it level or in the correct position - waste of money in my view

pictor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I use a Gorillapod SLR Zoom which is rated to 3kg and have a small Slik ball head mounted on it. When used in tripod mode it is not the most stable thing in the world and I wouldn't want to bother with any of the ligher ones.
I can confirm this. Until now I have mounted only my Canon G12 on it and the Gorillapod is very helpful, but I would not trust it for a much heavier camera, either. The problem is, that if one uses it like a tripod, it will hold a heavier camera, but in this situation a tripod would be a much better choice. If one uses it by mounting the Gorillapod an some branch or stone or even by putting it on an uneven ground, the thing gets too instable to trust it enough for a heavier camera.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom