Gorgeous is Foxy

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Very pretty fox and beautifully photographed. The light I think helped subdue the snow and prevent glare from shattering the vibrant contrast between the background and that rich bright fur.

008 is my favourite; not the best framing of the set but the pose you've captured is described precisely by the filename.

Sammyboy

m43 Pro
.... awesome set Ronnie, can't wait to see more .... hopefully the guys at Olympus will send you the 150-400 to use for awhile ....

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
If the legalised stuff continues to bring out the artist in you, then I applaud the state for it's legalisation. Lovely photos. Oh, and anything with snow in the picture is fine by me :D
Thanks and the 60’s showed that it does make people more creative :roflmao:

Hopefully it’s not all gone by the time I get out the end of the week. Getting warm and raining........

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
Very pretty fox and beautifully photographed. The light I think helped subdue the snow and prevent glare from shattering the vibrant contrast between the background and that rich bright fur.

008 is my favourite; not the best framing of the set but the pose you've captured is described precisely by the filename.
Thanks. I agree about the light. It’s why I shoot on days I planned regardless of the weather.

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
.... awesome set Ronnie, can't wait to see more .... hopefully the guys at Olympus will send you the 150-400 to use for awhile ....
Thanks. I wouldn’t mind testing one out but it would have to be one hell of a lens for me to give up my 150/2 and 300/4. I have some of the fox with the 150/2 that I will be posting soon and there is just something special about that lens.

Julia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Your storytelling is captivating and engaging and provides a great look on what went on behind the scenes and into your state of mind when you took the shots – thank you for taking the time to write that up, I really enjoyed reading it.

But your images – holy smokes! They are AMAAAAAAAAHZING! Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful fox and you managed to capture her spectacularly well. I'm not sure how great the light conditions were on the day, but since it was snowing I assume it wasn't too bright. Your edits are fantastic – the vibrant color of the fur stands out great against the white snow and the little snowflakes in the air, against the blurred background – gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing these images, I really enjoyed looking through them.

Steph

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Stephane
Superb portraits, from environmental to headshots. Your model act better than most actors today lol.
I still can't believe what northrup said about that lens lol.. Even though I rate my 150 f/2 above the 300 f/4, we can clearly see how gorgeous and sharp that 300 f/4 is. And now we have the 150-400 f/4 coming. Do you plan to buy it ?

Jock Elliott

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jock Elliott
Wow! Lovely, just lovely.

IMHO, the technical quality is just through the roof.

At the other end of the spectrum, from June, 2017, shot through a window with a small sensor HX400V, in faraway, exotic, Brunswick, NY, I offer the following:

HX400V foxes playing 018.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers, Jock
PS -- Good to see you posting again.

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
Your storytelling is captivating and engaging and provides a great look on what went on behind the scenes and into your state of mind when you took the shots – thank you for taking the time to write that up, I really enjoyed reading it.
I am so glad you enjoyed the story. I like story telling and find the combo of photos and words work really well and make a post more engaging than just a bunch of photos.

But your images – holy smokes! They are AMAAAAAAAAHZING! Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful fox and you managed to capture her spectacularly well. I'm not sure how great the light conditions were on the day, but since it was snowing I assume it wasn't too bright. Your edits are fantastic – the vibrant color of the fur stands out great against the white snow and the little snowflakes in the air, against the blurred background – gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing these images, I really enjoyed looking through them.
Thank you, really appreciate the comment. The light was not that great, completely overcast and snowing. But it did produce a very nice diffused light that was a bit brighter due to the snow on the ground. I was honestly not expecting that much when I started out due to the weather, but while shooting I realized the light was working to my advantage (other than the higher ISO). This is why I shoot no matter what the weather, bad weather can produce amazing images.

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
Superb portraits, from environmental to headshots. Your model act better than most actors today lol.
I still can't believe what northrup said about that lens lol.. Even though I rate my 150 f/2 above the 300 f/4, we can clearly see how gorgeous and sharp that 300 f/4 is. And now we have the 150-400 f/4 coming. Do you plan to buy it ?
Thank you and she really did. Northrup is an idiot who just talks to get clicks and knows just enough about photography to be dangerous. Having shot the Canon 500/4 for 10 plus years and now the 300/4 for I guess 2 or 3 years now (can’t remember when I got it) I can honestly say the lens is better than my old Canon 500/4. That is from just a pure optical standpoint, add in the dual IS and much smaller size (which allows me to drop to the ground and shoot in just a few seconds) and the 300/4 blows away any of the 500/4 or 600/4’s in my opinion.

As to the 150/2.............the 300/4 is technically superior. But the 150/2 just has something special about the images it produces, due to the amazing optical formula Olympus used for the SHG lenses. It is also 1/2 the focal length and requires getting much closer. I do have some photos of the fox with both lenses from the next day. I was able to shoot her with the 300/4 and then get closer to almost match the framing for some 150/2 shots. Hope to have those posted in the next few days.

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
Wow! Lovely, just lovely.

IMHO, the technical quality is just through the roof.

At the other end of the spectrum, from June, 2017, shot through a window with a small sensor HX400V, in faraway, exotic, Brunswick, NY, I offer the following:

View attachment 790090

Cheers, Jock
PS -- Good to see you posting again.
Thank you, appreciate the comment. It is good to be posting again. Hoping to some shots similar to yours this spring when the young ones are running around and playing.

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
And now we have the 150-400 f/4 coming. Do you plan to buy it ?
I have little interest that lens. I prefer primes and I doubt it will be better than the bare 150/2 or 300/4. Only advantage it will really have is being a stop faster at 400, I seldom need that much reach.

If I was still shooting sports it would definitely be on my list. I prefer zooms for sports due to the limitations on where you can shoot from.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom