1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Google search paid of got lucky!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by danieru, Jun 13, 2013.

1. danieru

danieru Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Netherlands
    Daniel
    I was google searching for second hand lenses just for the fun of it, you know right, not specifically looking for a particulair lens.

Anyways I found a link to an AV shop which was selling the PanaLeica 45mm f2.8 for 150 euro's (with tax around 180), second hand, but still.

I went to the main website and looked in the second hand stuff but couldn't find the lens, so I was thinking maybe it was already sold and Google cached the page.

Just out of curiosity I called the shop, they were like, what does the description say I'll look it up, but he couldn't find it, I send him an email with the URL and he would look into it.

Wasn't expecting anything but he emailed me back that they actually have the lens and that it's still available.

Asked for the state of the lens, maybe it was damaged, he said it's a new lens, it's just we don't deal in Panasonic gear anymore and they had to sell the remaining stock, they just tagged it as second hand.

Unbelievable! I just bought it, at least payed for it online, will pick it up at the store tomorrow.

The thing is, I'm not really a macro shooter, and don't have a real use for the focal length, but hell, I can test drive it and after that probably sell it with a small profit, win win.

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    You should have asked if they also have a new PanaLeica 25mm/1.4 they're trying to get rid of. lol. ;)

3. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    wow that's insanely cheap even for second hand... awesome find!

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    along with the rest of their stock at that kind of a discount!

5. danieru

danieru Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Netherlands
    Daniel
    Heck yeah, I didn't stop to think about that, I was so excited at the time, tomorrow I'll ask if they have some other misplaced Panny gear they want to get rid of on the cheap :smile:

6. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    That PL 45mm performs like the PL 25mm albeit slower and narrower FOV. You should keep it. Plus macro can be fun!!

7. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    I agree with Juan - macro is excellent, and, although I use the Olympus macro lens, that one is, I understand, rather good too, and the 45mm focal length is also useful. Not something to get rid of, I think!

8. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    It's a pretty good portrait lens too.

9. danieru

danieru Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Netherlands
    Daniel
    I picked up the lens today, I really got to take it home for a sweet price.

The salesman was smiling that I got such a good deal and he was happy to give it to someone who can put it to good use, it was laying on a shelf and they forgot about it.

I'll take care for it for awhile, I won't sell it.

I was really impressed on how really close you can get to an object and still autofocus, well it's a macro lens of course, but still it surprised.

The lens looks ok, no damages, came in the original box,

Here are some shots of the lens on my G5, shots taken with my GF1.

PanaLeica45_P1.

PanaLeica45_P2.

PanaLeica45_P3.

10. danieru

danieru Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Netherlands
    Daniel
    I was in the car and couldn't resist trying out the lens, had nothing really interesting to shoot so took a picture of the car freshener @ f2.8.

PanaLeica1stPic.

2nd picture with the 45, shot of the GF1 @ f2.8

PanaLeica2ndPic.

3rd picture, first attempt at macro, I'm too shaky, OIS can't compensate enough, guess I need to use a tripod

PanaLeica3rdPic.

4th shot, was trying to get the video icon in focus, but hands are too shaky

PanaLeica4thPic.