1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Google/Nik offering collection for $149

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Omni, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Omni

Omni Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Nik Collection

HDR Efex Pro 2
    Silver Efex Pro 2
    Sharpener Pro 3
    Color Efex Pro 4
    Viveza 2
    Dfine 2

Incredible deal. Much better than I paid for everything and I have no regrets.

Note from Amin: Use our coupon code "MU-43" for an additional 15% off!

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    This is a fantastic deal. I've been kicking myself since I missed out on this the last time it was offered and have been awaiting the deal's return ever since.

This appears to be the same bundle that was (and, in fact, still is) available direct for $499 as the "Complete Collection Ultimate Edition". That name is not associated with this offer, but this bundle says that it works with PhotoShop, Lightroom and Aperture, so it appears to be the same thing.

Thanks for passing it along!

3. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Yeah rather like Omni I paid rather more more for my Nik Software collection but still think its a bargain. Lightroom plus Nik is all you really need.

Glad to see it at a very accessible price. Even if you dont buy it, it is well worth the download to give it a trial.

4. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Man, I already own the Nik Suite, and wouldn't be without it, but at that price it's a steal (if you have $149 available of course).

Grab it while you can, folks!!

(I have to wonder if Google are semi-abandoning the Nik tools, mainly having bought Nik for Snapseed, and offering this bundle accordingly)

5. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Does anyone know if this deal is for the actual CD boxset or is this more of a download link for a softcopy of the program?

6. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    If you click on "Buy", it says
    "Nik Collection
    Electronic"

So I would assume that means download, and they send you the Keys via email.

and for EU customers, VAT is included in that quoted price:2thumbs:

7. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    So 'google/Nik' have just sent me a link giving me a refund of over US$100 on my original purchase of the Nik Complete Collection plus a link that lets me upgrade it so that it is integrated with photoshop (theoretically an additional US$200.)

It feels a bit like Christmas apart from the fact that I cant help feeling I am about to get screwed somewhere along the line.

8. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    The 'Nik CD Collector's edition Ultimate' deal expired at the end of January to the best of my knowledge. That included a complete 6 CD box set signed by Nik together with the 'making of' DVD, the Nik unplugged CD, the Nik 'uncensored' calendar as well as the 'Nik meets Picasa first date' video....

9. alsoLuke

alsoLuke New to Mu-43

Mar 15, 2013
    Get another 15% off with some of the codes from retailmenot.com.
    The following two both worked: (DSIZER was 15% off, not 25%)
    DSIZER
    GBLACK

Note from Amin: Please use our site coupon code "MU-43" which also gives 15% off. Thanks for your support!

10. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    As far as I know, all their software is only available as a digital download.

11. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I've looked "at" these a few times, but the price has always scared me off. I take it from the reaction here that they're worth the effort? I only have Lightroom. I feel like I'm still learning it, but am getting better.

12. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    According to this article on DPReview, this is apparently not necessarily a promo, but rather simply new pricing for the software suite. The other big change is that the individual products (e.g. Silver Efex or Color Efex) are no longer going to be available seperately.

Some interesting bits from the article (emphasis mine):

I wonder if one could take advantage of that last offer by buying one of the products (e.g. Dfine for $99) and then you'd presumably get the bundle for free.

13. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Thanks for the heads up. The code (which just worked for me for 15% off) was DZISER (not DSIZER).

Note from Amin: Please use our site coupon code "MU-43" which also gives 15% off. Thanks for your support!

14. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Not sure if they'll send keys via email. Have bought it, just got a mail with receipt and download links. Plan to go home and download it, hope it comes with pre-activation.

15. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Incredible indeed. I jumped right on it. Thank you for for posting it.

Also thanks to 'alsoLuke' for the link to retailmenot.com, saving even more. It offset PA tax plus.

16. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    I would be suprised after the fiasco Adobe just had with their "program only" activation for CS2. Emailing the keys at least makes it a bit harder for people to steal the programs, vs having no authentication needed.

17. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    This key also works for a discount. You can save an additional 15% with code: JODELL which means you can have the full set of every Nik plug-in for only $126.

18. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    It was confirmed that it's as I predicted. It is the pre-activated version for download. A mod (also an employee I guess) on Nik software group on flickr just confirmed it:

Flickr: Discussing Nik Collection by Google in Nik Software Photo Share

19. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    I just purchased! Thank you! 2 out of the 3 coupon codes didn't work for me. Try all 3 if the first is not recognized.

20. JStheoriginal

JStheoriginal Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Canada
    Justin
    Is this Nik software non-destructive...ie if you use it from Lightroom how does it react? Makes a virtual copy?