Goofing with my new 14/2.5

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Pelao, May 5, 2011.

1. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    My Panasonic 14/2.5 arrived a few days ago. Yesterday I went for a short walk to a nearby park, and here are a few quick test shots. Oh, I also goofed around a bit in the editing with some of these shots, playing with Silver Efex and HDR Efex...

14_2_5_lens-1030166.jpg
    Some spring growth on the forest floor. Nice to have the width over my 20, and some aperture flexibility compared to the 14-45.

14_2_5_lens-1030165.jpg
    OK, I know, this is not a good photograph. My daughter pointed out that a swan was landing about 50m away, so I did a quick grab shot: wrong lens, and of course M4/3 cannot, under any circumstances whatsoever shoot action ( :rolleyes: ), but still i thought I would try...

14_2_5_lens-1030172.jpg
    Taken from about a foot, then cropped. Not what this lens is 'supposed' to do, but hey, it was there, I had a camera and here we are.

14_2_5_lens-1030171.jpg
    We'll call this bended knee.

14_2_5_lens-.jpg
    Bended knee HDR

14_2_5_lens--2.jpg
    Bended knee Silver Efex

So now all I need is the 45/2.8 to have my prime set up. Well, I also want a small M4/3 with built in VF. We'll see.

• Like Like x 5
  2. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

Bended Knee

Love the last one - but I would use a clone stamp to get rid of that plastic bottle under the roots.

3. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Thank you.

I considered removing it at the time, but decided to leave it. That bit of pollution is part of the local forest - sadly.

Of course, from an aesthetic perspective it would indeed be better without it.

It's an interesting tree, and I was in a bit of a rush. I want to go back and shoot it from some different angles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.