1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Goofing with my new 14/2.5

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Pelao, May 5, 2011.

1. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    My Panasonic 14/2.5 arrived a few days ago. Yesterday I went for a short walk to a nearby park, and here are a few quick test shots. Oh, I also goofed around a bit in the editing with some of these shots, playing with Silver Efex and HDR Efex...

14_2_5_lens-1030166.
    Some spring growth on the forest floor. Nice to have the width over my 20, and some aperture flexibility compared to the 14-45.

14_2_5_lens-1030165.
    OK, I know, this is not a good photograph. My daughter pointed out that a swan was landing about 50m away, so I did a quick grab shot: wrong lens, and of course M4/3 cannot, under any circumstances whatsoever shoot action ( :rolleyes: ), but still i thought I would try...

14_2_5_lens-1030172.
    Taken from about a foot, then cropped. Not what this lens is 'supposed' to do, but hey, it was there, I had a camera and here we are.

14_2_5_lens-1030171.
    We'll call this bended knee.

14_2_5_lens-.
    Bended knee HDR

14_2_5_lens--2.
    Bended knee Silver Efex

So now all I need is the 45/2.8 to have my prime set up. Well, I also want a small M4/3 with built in VF. We'll see.

• Like Like x 5
  2. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

Bended Knee

Love the last one - but I would use a clone stamp to get rid of that plastic bottle under the roots.

3. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Thank you.

I considered removing it at the time, but decided to leave it. That bit of pollution is part of the local forest - sadly.

Of course, from an aesthetic perspective it would indeed be better without it.

It's an interesting tree, and I was in a bit of a rush. I want to go back and shoot it from some different angles.