Good quality B&W printer

MacBook

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Elliot
I was looking at the Canon Pixma Pro 9000, but people have said the B&W is only okay as there is no dedicated photoprint B&W cartridge. I have an older Canon i960 that is quite good, but limited in size and B&W abilities. I'm looking for a moderately priced 13x19" printer with very good B&W capabilities. Any suggestions for something modest in price but quite sharp in output? I am an enthusiast who likes to hang things on the wall at home or work. BTW, I have a Canon i9900 at work that does excellent jobs on 13x19" but is not for home use.

saud

Mu-43 Rookie
I am an enthusiast who likes to hang things on the wall at home or work. BTW, I have a Canon i9900 at work that does excellent jobs on 13x19" but is not for home use.we can print many papers.when we launch different products or other than we want to need print brochures if we want to sell it.

kwalsh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I picked up a ridiculously cheap 9000 recently for home color work. Beautiful for that. Don't bother with B&W on it - horrible metamerism. Prints go all the way from wickedly green, to neutral, to pinkish toned depending on daylight, incandescent, LED, CFL illumination.

If you really want cheap, excellent B&W you want to check out Paul Roark's site:

Digital Printing Information Index

I've got a Epson 1400 I got refurbed for $149 and I've done some great prints using Eboni. With Paul's information you can go anywhere from super beautiful and super cheap prints involving a lot of DIY work all the way to pretty cheap and pretty darn good but rather easy prints. Be forewarned, playing with this stuff can be addictive and a bit frustrating. I love just how easy my 9000 is for color with pre-built profiles and easy direct printing from Lightroom. Doing Paul's stuff is more involved to be sure!

Ken

MacBook

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Elliot
I gave in and bought the Pixma Pro 9000, too, good deal with the $200 rebate. I will avoid B&W for now and maybe pick-up something like the 1400 at some point.

Latest threads

Top Bottom