1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Good quality adapter (Sony/Minolta MA => micro 4/3)?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Harmonica, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Harmonica

Harmonica Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2012
    Finland
    Hello,

Any experiences which could be a good adapter between Minolta/Sony MA lenses on micro 4/3 body?

I bought one cheapo adapter from Ebay, but the apeture ring does not move very easily/nicely on it (surely it still works). So I'm just wondering could there be any clearly better adapters available (what comes to the apeture ring)? Now I have this one: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Here's my lens with adapter.
    picture40739.

Maybe atleast some Kipon adapter etc. could work better (being 5 times more expensive)?
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

2. Harmonica

Harmonica Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2012
    Finland
    Well, it looks like that nobody here uses Sony MA/Minolta MA lenses on his/hers micro 4/3 camera. Probable people who have owned those af-lenses have chosen Sony Nex system instead of micro 4/3. As I own only one of those kind of lenses, I chose other way. I prefer much more micro 4/3 bodies and expecially the smaller/lighter native lenses of this system.

Ok, I bought that Kipon adapter....have to wait and see now... is it any better :rolleyes:...hopefully yes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. foxof

foxof Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 24, 2012
    я пользуюсь сони минолта...

переходник до сих пор купить не могу

не понимаю какой надо :(

4. Harmonica

Harmonica Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2012
    Finland
    Is that russian language?...if so...probable it's now good that I only know a couple words of it. And what comes to that stamp of mine...sorry... but it was inteed a great goal! :biggrin:!

5. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I ordered one from a Hong Kong dealer on eBay - awaiting it's arrival....will report later :)

6. foxof

foxof Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 24, 2012
    русский русский :)

тоже мучаюсь тут с Вами и гуглем

7. Harmonica

Harmonica Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2012
    Finland
    I'll do the same...then that Kipon adapter arrives.

8. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    I used one costing about usd$24 from hongkong. Uses 30mm f2.8 on my ep2.I must say works pretty well. Do see my thread I started.pics is there.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

9. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    While I've generally had decent luck with relatively cheap (Fotasy, Kipon, etc.) adapters, there are a number of high end (read: expensive) options from Novoflex, Rayqual and Adriano Lolli which you might want to consider if the engineering/workmanship of the less expensive adapters doesn't fit your needs.

If anyone had experience with any of these "upscale" adapters, I'd love to hear about your impressions.

10. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
  11. Jorg.S

Jorg.S Mu-43 Regular

I have to look into that because I have loads of Minolta / Sony lenses.
    I have 3 Zeiss and 2 G lenses for my Sony a850.
    I always wondered if it was possible to mount the AF lenses on my Epl 1 and how well the'll preform on it.

OP that is an awesome lens you have there.

12. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    can but there won't be AF.only manual focus.