Good place to get adapters?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by lenshoarder, Jul 2, 2011.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    What's a good place and/or brand of adapters to get? I've bought a bunch of cheap ones through ebay and it's hit and miss. About half don't allow focus to infinity. Thus it's really not that cheap since I have to buy 2 to get one that works. I rather just pay twice as much and save the hassle.
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I've got one on the way from Rainbow Imaging. Unfortunately, I can't give you any opinions until I get it, but they also sell on Amazon. Fotodiox sells on Amazon as well.

What mount(s) are you looking to adapt specifically? It seems to me that people have certain preferences for each dfferent lens moun. The Novoflex adapters sometimes have an aperure control rng for ldigital lenses which don't include one.
  3. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
  4. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I've bought a dozen or so from from rainbowimaging and with the exception of one they have all been terrific. The one fit a bit loose on a single Konica lens that I had. I have also used fotodiox adapters which are also good (more than the rainbowimaging ones) and available via their website or Amazon.

FWIW, I don't recall the ones from fotodiox being better than the ones from rainbowimaging.
  5. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've only bought one and it was a Fotodiox for Minolta. It's fine as far as I can tell.

Here's a link so you don't have to google Fotodiox
  6. artsifrtsy

artsifrtsy Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    I got my OM adapter from Rainbow imaging for less that $30. It has worked flawlessly. I like the idea of having one for each lens in the bag though, it is a pain to change it all out.
  7. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Well... M39, M42, c mount, MA, PK, FD, AR, OM and t mount to start with. I already have M42 and c mounts that "work", but the mounts are really lose. There's a lot more play than I'd like.
  8. Ninja

Ninja Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2010
    I just got an E-PL2 and an adapter from Rainbow Imagaing to use with some of my Olympus OM lenses. The fit of the adapter seems snug. I need to get out in bright light to make sure there are no light leaks. There does not appear to be any special baffling/anti-reflective treatment of the inside of the adapter. Has anyone experienced difficulties with light from outside the crop area causing glare or anything?

9. artsifrtsy

artsifrtsy Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    I think I have the same adapter and have had no problems with it. Enjoy your OMs!
  10. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Had great luck with Rainbow imaging. Amazon, ebay -- they have shops on both. They ship from NYC when I order, so I usually get them in two days with regular shipping rates (to Boston). I only had one lemon (out of about 6-8 adapters) and they replaced it.
  11. scarbrd

scarbrd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I was looking at the offerings from Fotodiox the other day and I noticed in some cases they have different m4/3 adapters for the same lens mount (Leica M, for example) ranging in price from $40 to $100.

All 3 Leica M adapters look the same in the pictures. Anyone know what the difference are between them?

ETA link to m4/3 adapter page

12. PSH

PSH Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    With this adapter, Fotodiox , I can use the Oly 50-200 f2.8-3.5 SWD in the E-PL2, with AF and everything else, right ?
    I don't see any contacts in the adapter. Shouldn't it have ?
  13. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Like it says on the site: "Although the lens will fit physically, automatic diaphragm, auto-focusing, or any other functions will not operate correctly while using this adapter." So no AF, no aperture control from the body, no lens data in the EXIF, no automation whatsoever with respect to the lens.

It is possible to use the lens with AF, aperture control, etc. by using one of the adapters Olympus MMF-1, MMF-2 or Panasonic DMW-MA1 (these are all functionally equivalent). They have electrical contacts to enable automation with the lens and are much more expensive.
  14. PSH

PSH Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    That's what I thought.