1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Good PEN reviews at Ming Thien site

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by wolfie, Nov 2, 2012.

1. wolfie

wolfie Mu-43 All-Pro

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    According to review, the OMD and E-PL5 use a 15Mp sensor...just a typo, or per-production models? Either way, takes away from the reliability of the review, I can shoot but I don't know what I'm using.

3. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    to me a 15 typo is not a big deal ?

I can read tech specs would rather get a feel for how the camera works and acts in a photographers hands then a bunch of tech specs and pics of cats and shadow boxes etc..

like the paragraph of describing the shutter button feel compared to other cameras at least gives some a idea if they have used those cameras

sometimes working pros are not always the best at tech things but can surely tell me a lot more about how a camera works and feel in the real world

if a pro race car driver did not know the HP of a test car I would still rather hear his thoughts of how it handles etc.. than reading correct specs from someone who does not make living with the tools being tested ?

to me sadly to many reviews are not like his and are just the same regurgitated specs :) 

not knocking the fact you now question his review :)  just saying others like myself would rather read those kinda of reviews :) 
    so sure its kinda a balance thing and lucky we both have sites we can go to for reviews

4. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Mike Barber
    I really like Thein's reviews, even if he is partial to Olympus and Ricoh (or maybe because of that). :p 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.