1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Good Morning from Brevard N.C.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kanasgowatom, Nov 11, 2011.

1. kanasgowatom

kanasgowatom Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Hello everyone,

Here goes, I am 64 years old and I live in W. North Carolina, my wife Lynn and I are both retired from working in NYC, myself as a Steamfitter and Lynn as a legal secretary. For the past 40 years I have been a steadfast Nikon shooter. Primarily, Our interest was underwater, using housed Nikons and Sea&Sea Strobes. After moving to N.C. from a small island in the Caribbean we started taking nature images. I found that lugging all that DSLR gear around was getting too much like work. So after doing a bit of on-line research I purchased an Olympus PL3. I like the small size, however, it seems a bit daunting to use.
    So as you can see I am a total novice at this format. I seem to think I can get a good bit of useful information from this forum. I must state, that some of my questions will be very, very basic, so please, have some patience.

Tom Franzson

2. Baytoven

Baytoven Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, NC
    James Isaac
    Hello Tom,

Welcome to the forum and NC! The members are very resourceful and willing to assist.

3. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Hey! Welcome to the forum! I am in Rome, Italy, but my Mom and Sister are both near Winston-Salem and two nephews in university in Ashville

4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Welcome! I was in Brevard last year. A beautiful area, especially Dupont State Park.

5. Welcome to a fellow NC resident (I am in Durham myself).
    I think you will find this the best camera enthusiast forum anywhere on the net.
    And there are some real :43: masters here who don't mind sharing knowledge.
    So shoot, post and have fun!

6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome Tom!

7. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    Welcome from Charlotte.

Man, you picked one sweet place to live. I was a Nikon shooter for 45 years, and made the switch to the GF1, not sure how much I would use it. Well, I either sold the Nikon gear, or gave away to my two sons. You are just a short drive to The Blue Ridge Parkway, and along the best part too.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.