Good Morning from Brevard N.C.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kanasgowatom, Nov 11, 2011.

1. kanasgowatom

kanasgowatom Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Hello everyone,

Here goes, I am 64 years old and I live in W. North Carolina, my wife Lynn and I are both retired from working in NYC, myself as a Steamfitter and Lynn as a legal secretary. For the past 40 years I have been a steadfast Nikon shooter. Primarily, Our interest was underwater, using housed Nikons and Sea&Sea Strobes. After moving to N.C. from a small island in the Caribbean we started taking nature images. I found that lugging all that DSLR gear around was getting too much like work. So after doing a bit of on-line research I purchased an Olympus PL3. I like the small size, however, it seems a bit daunting to use.
    So as you can see I am a total novice at this format. I seem to think I can get a good bit of useful information from this forum. I must state, that some of my questions will be very, very basic, so please, have some patience.

Tom Franzson
  2. Baytoven

Baytoven Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, NC
    James Isaac
    Hello Tom,

Welcome to the forum and NC! The members are very resourceful and willing to assist.
  3. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Hey! Welcome to the forum! I am in Rome, Italy, but my Mom and Sister are both near Winston-Salem and two nephews in university in Ashville
  4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Welcome! I was in Brevard last year. A beautiful area, especially Dupont State Park.
  5. robertmwilliams

robertmwilliams Mu-43 Regular

Welcome to a fellow NC resident (I am in Durham myself).
    I think you will find this the best camera enthusiast forum anywhere on the net.
    And there are some real :43: masters here who don't mind sharing knowledge.
    So shoot, post and have fun!
  6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
  7. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    Welcome from Charlotte.

Man, you picked one sweet place to live. I was a Nikon shooter for 45 years, and made the switch to the GF1, not sure how much I would use it. Well, I either sold the Nikon gear, or gave away to my two sons. You are just a short drive to The Blue Ridge Parkway, and along the best part too.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike