1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Good bye Fuji X100 - Last set of images :)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Bhupinder2002, May 5, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys:smile:
    I bought Fuji X100 twice and sold it twice. To be honest I do like X100 but there is nothing which my OMD cant do . I loved the simplicity and IQ it offers but again OMD is up there . I do like this focal length but If I want Fuji , I would probably go for Fuji XE1 with 18-55 mm for more flexibility. I thought of swapping it with X100S but from reviews , I dont think Fuji has cracked the code to fast AF and OMD is still the King.These are few images which I shot with my departing sexy LE Black X100. Please do comment or criticise :wink:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    Oh... We just got snapped honey :tongue:
    DSCF3759.

Shooting birds ..
    DSCF3650.

I love you but hate this camera honey :wink:
    DSCF3599.

Emptiness
    DSCF4158.

Street artist
    DSCF4147.

Life Sucks...
    DSCF4129.

Royal Acrade
    DSCF4164.

VIDEOGUYRAPHERS :wink:
    DSCF4189.

Happy shooters :2thumbs:
    DSCF4193.

HOLLYWOOD CALLING :tongue:
    DSCF4218.

Budding SHOPCOHOLIC :wink:
    DSCF4213.

Your new GENES are waiting for you :smile:
    DSCF4194.

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    If you like the X100 so much, why on earth are you selling it? Don't put yourself into second-guessing yourself again. Just keep it, shoot, and be happy :)

3. Bhupinder2002

Hi Bill..I agree with you , but for this limited edition I paid just under 1K and for that much I can get Fuji XE1 with new sensor , exellent kit lens and better handling .This camera is no way pocketable anyway . Moreover X100s is selling for AUS 1150 here in Australia , I might pick up that .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    It's your money, but factor in the switching costs and time, and you may or may not actually like the x-trans. It seems it's hit-or-miss with people, and you know you like the older EXR sensor. I would also say the X100 seems to agree with you. Some of your best shots, IMO, so I would encourage you to stick with it, but believe me, if there's one thing I know about -- it's gear churn.

5. Bhupinder2002

Hi Bill..Thats very kind of you .I dont wanna cancel this deal as guy has already paid me. I might pick up sliver one again as they will start hitting AUD500 mark soon.I agree , I do have reservations about X100S. It doesnt seem to offer any substantial benefit over X100.
    Kind Regards
    Bhupinder

6. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I absolutely love the new jeans shot! There's a lot going on, but it isn't cluttered. Amazing shot!

7. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Nice set of pics with some interesting processing . I did the same thing, bought and sold twice. In the end it doesn't matter how good the camera is in IQ if it's not quick enough to nail the shot for you. Like you, I'm not convinced that the s is that much better for twice the price.

8. abepak

abepak Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2013
    SFV, CA
    Very nice shots. I understand how you feel. Had an X-Pro 1 and traded it in for the E-M5. I love shooting with the E-M5 and shoot a whole lot more with it than I did with the X-Pro1, but there's something about those Fuji cameras that keeps calling back at you. Now the X100S is calling out to me lol.

9. macfish

macfish Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Columbus OH USA
    I'm anxiously awaiting the X100S as a companion to the OMD. Maybe I'm just an old fogey, but I shot lots of soccer, tennis, track and field, etc. without autofocus, so while I've certainly come to love it, it's still like magic to me, and not the reason I jumped at the X100S.

10. Bhupinder2002

Thanks mate .. I also love this shot. I had to be quick as this gentleman was about to move . new pair of Jeans( Genes).
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

11. Bhupinder2002

Thanks Christi.. From what I have seen and read so far is that its not what Fuji has marketed . One stop ISO advantage is not a deal breaker . Few hardward and menu improvements are welcome but not worth AUD500 difference .As I said, I am very very happy how OMD performs though I hate the Hump . I love the responsiveness of POLYMPUS MFT bodies. I might pick up Fuji XE1 with 18-55 because it will be more versatile kit. I couldt justify almost 1K AUD for Black LE X100. If I decide to pick up X100 again , it will be silver one and extra money can buy a Flash for OMD .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

12. Donsantos

Donsantos Mu-43 Regular

Mar 24, 2012
    I also have purchase and sold my fuji x100 twice.

After a bunch of miss focus shots I became frustrated again and had no choice. I'm now back to gx1 + 14mm (and nikon d600 sigma 35mm 85mm combo)

13. Bhupinder2002

GX1 is very responsive and almost as responsive as OMD. I loved the look and feel of GX1. I sold black one as it cost me almost a thousand dollars . I would pick up X00 or Fuji XE1 with18-55 mm when prices drop further. I would stay away from newer Fuji X100s as its not worth that price .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

14. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Trade it in for the Olympus 12mm f2 lens - this may provide you with a solution to make you smile.

I have the X100 and love it but, since getting the OMD it is being neglected - I do find the IQ of the OMD to be on par with that from the X100 in many situations so unsure what to do as I was originally planning on upgrading to X100S later this year but will wait and see what user experience posts identify.

I do like the well made tactile input of the X100 and it is easy to carry under a coat, if it does not hit the mark and Olympus introduce a OMD replacement later this year (as speculation implies may happen) then I will need to consider my options even more carefully.

15. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    Bhupi, what? you sold the black X100?

I tried a friend's XE1 and 18-55 for a couple of snaps in lowlight, I found it to struggle a bit.

16. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Hi mate,

lovely shots. Waiting to see your new EP-5 shots.:biggrin:
    Am I right?

17. Bhupinder2002

Hi Dave , I loved black X100 and I paid almost AUD900 for it which was hefty price . So, When I got a chance..I sold it. I can easily pick up used X100 for USD 500-600 . I can spend rest of the money on something else.I am not very convinced with MR.Z's statement that X100s is the best camera ever made. I can preach wrong things if I am paid a vacation to Antartica with a free X100s and 50K USD cash.. hahaaha:wink::wink::wink::wink:. I am think X100's output is more pleasing and I am happy with it . I tested X100s in one of camera stores and I am not hugely impressed at all mate .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

18. Bhupinder2002

Hahahhaa yes ..U are right... I will sell my OMD soon as I am lured to a black OMD . I am gonna pre-order soon :smile: . I always wanted faster shutter speed and built in wifi for street shoots . U can point camera on some one ..Look at ur mobile and shoot ..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

19. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    My favs are the street artist and the "new jeans". I have lusted in my heart for the new Ricoh GR, but I know that it's just not that different or smaller than combinations I already own. Of course, back in the film days they all had the same sensor so I'm not sure why we ever bough new cameras.:smile:

20. Bhupinder2002

Thanks a lot , I also like the JEANS ( Genes ) shot the most.
    Cheers