Good Bye (for now)

Mijo

Mu-43 Veteran
First off let me say that it's not you m4/3, it's me. You have given me more than I could ask for in a system, your compact, have a great lens selection, your easy to get along with as far as UI (Panny anyway, IMO) and your very accessible (in terms of cost). You had me at the GF1 with the 20mm pancake, and oh the times we had. It was you m4/3 that rekindled my interest in photography with your physical control dials (EM-5) and tactile focusing / aperture ring (CV 17). However, it was your CV 17 (and PL 25) that lead me into the arms of another system... the Leica twins (M-E and M6).

Some people say that your sensor is too small and they complain about your DOF, neither was ever an issue for me. The twins offer me something that no other system can, a true RF experience. I know, I know, it's an antiquated focusing system from a bygone era but the heart wants what the heart wants. Maybe if you had a true RF (and offered film bodies that could also use m4/3 lenses) things might be different between us, but I don't want you to change just for me. I know the twins aren't perfect either with their expensive taste in lenses, questionable high iso (M-E) and the stigma of being seen with them in public.

My time with the twins is limited, as my eyesight worsens the things I love about them (MF & RF) will only hinder me. One day I'll come knocking on your door begging for you to take me back (with your AF and magnification). Until then I hope things won't be awkward between us and I can still hang out with your friends (mu4/3 forum).

Fmrvette

This Space For Rent
Real Name
Jim
Mijo, you understand that now that you have committed to the twins you're required to post some photos in the "Other Systems" forum so that we can see the attraction...:2thumbs:.

Have fun with the new gear!

Regards,

Jim

snkenai

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You'll be back. We always do. I have just traded my m43, .... for an OLD 4/3! :smile: But it's just a matter of time, and realization, that no matter the perceived or real limitations, that m43 is here to stay. And is only getting better, and I'm not easy to please.

Have fun. Isn't that, the main attraction for most of us?

Latest threads

Top Bottom