1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Good all in one wifi printer

Discussion in 'Printing' started by Rawfa, May 8, 2012.

1. Rawfa

Rawfa Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2009
    Hi,

I´m looking for a good compact all in one printer with xerox, scanner, and wifi to print my photos so that I can frame them and put them on my wall. I need it to be compact because my house is small and I need it to have wifi because the printer will be in a different compartment from where my notebook is.
    Suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Rafa

2. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

I like the Epson Artisan 830-something. B&H often advertises a good price & free shipping.

(My main printer is an Epson R2880 - two of them)

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I've been using a Canon MG6120 for the past year, and it performs well. Photo output approaches a dedicated photo printer (at least to my eyes) and it checks off all of your other requirements. I was long considering its big brother the MG8120 which adds a film scanner, but when I spotted the 6120 at Fry's for US$60, I pounced.

Looks like they've since come out with a new model the MG6220 which appears to add a second paper tray and CD/DVD printing functionality. There is also a 8120 replacement, the MG8220.

4. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    I have the Canon MG6220, not the smallest printer, but it's about the same size as most all-in-ones. I also like the fact that it uses gray inks for nicer b&w prints.

That it works with my iPad2 is a bonus.

5. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

I have just replaced my worn out Epson R800 with the Canon MG6150 and am very pleased with the print quality from this (much) cheaper machine. It prints, copies and scans, and is wifi enabled. It is a six ink printer having a grey cartridge for better black and white printing. I paid £110 in UK.

6. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Kinlau, can you print photos from your iPad to the MG6220? Is so, what app? Thanks.

7. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Canon has an app for the iPad but the printer also supports AirPrint, so any app that can print can print to it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Al.

Al. Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Alan
    I have Kodak which claims to have the cheapest replacement ink

9. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    Any good?

10. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Personally I feel that only Epson and Canon printers are worth buying, and I have a strong leaning towards Epson. The Artisan 830 is very nice, although how to enable wireless scanning continues to baffle me. I need to sit down with it sometime. I had a Kodak AiO and that thing was the worst piece of junk printer I've ever seen. HP are basically worthless as well.

11. CARHOUND

CARHOUND Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 26, 2012
    I think the Kodak approach is a gimmick. My parents have one and I have one.

The replacement cartridges are so cheap because the print head is a separate element that you do not replace when putting new ink cartridges in. What happens over time is that the head gums up and begins to print poorly. With traditional cartridges you would get a new print head every time you replaced them.

After the first 6 months the print quality has varied wildly. If you want one of these factor in the cost of replacing the print head say every 6-12 months if you want to ensure you have good print quality.

12. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    Thanks, I remember seeing them a few years ago and they were making the same claim back then and now I am seeing them everywhere again. I did a little research and found they suffered alot of problems, so I bought a HP printer instead as it was getting consistantly good reviews and was going for a good price at the time and was just using it to print odds & sods. Now I am printing photo's at A4 size, it is gobbling up ink cartridges like anything and i'm using the extra capacity cartridges aswell. I thinking of going back to Epson as I am certain the print quality was better.

13. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    To my knowledge, most of the manufacturers carry both types of printers. Integrated print head, and separate. The printers with integrated print heads are often the cheaper model, but the refills cost more. The more expensive printers have cheaper refills - just cheaper, not cheap.

14. saud

saud Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 5, 2012
    It prints, copies and scans, and is wifi enabled. It is a six ink printer having a grey cartridge for better black and white printing.there are many printer that are available in the market and we can purchase wifi printer and than we can get print out.