1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Good 3rd party E-M5 batteries that ship to Australia?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nandystam, Dec 21, 2014.

1. nandystam

nandystam Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I know this topic of 3rd party E-M5 batteries has been discussed quite a bit, but I'm looking for some decent 3rd party batteries for the E-M5 that can be sent to Australia? The Progo's don't seem to be available or ship to Aus? I don't mind if it needs a separate charger or doesn't have the same capacity as the originals.

Perhaps some of the fellow Aussie posters can advise here?

2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I've had good luck with dstebattery on eBay for my BLN-1 batteries (and also batteries for all my other cameras)

3. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This is a good company to deal with & you will need a separate charger too (listed down the page). http://www.betterbatt.com.au/s/digital-camera-battery/olympus/om-d/e-m5/

4. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    I am a working full time pro and have been since 1974. I can tell horror stories about batteries and cards. ONLY buy batteries from B&H! They do not sell counterfeits or batteries and cards that are not dependable. Eventually, buying cheap batteries is going to rear up and bite you in the ass.

5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I agree with you on using genuine batteries instead of the cheapies as I only went that way for the E-M5 when there weren't genuine Olympus available at that time, but I would highly recommend buying the Olympus batteries, but not from B&H for us in Australia as there are plenty of retailers here that carry them (at discount prices like Cambuy & others).