Gone In 60 Seconds

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by chicks, Jun 26, 2012.

1. chicks

chicks Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    The Big Valley, CA
    This old barn has a lot of memories for me. It was just across the back fence from the house I grew up in. Within city limits, but the city allowed the little 10-acre dairy / chicken farm to stay until it was sold. Surrounded by new development now, its final day came today.

Minolta MD rokkor-X 50/1.4

• Like Like x 1
  2. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Shame, there was some good wood there for paneling.

Years ago there was a run on old barn wood and bricks for studies and libraries in large homes. In Washington D.C. I heard they had to pass a law making it illegal to take bricks from abandoned row houses.

Good shots though!!
  3. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    That's quite sad. I'm a bit of a traditionalist at heart, and consequently, I'm a fan of old ****. I also despise generic cookie cutter developments. So, these shots and the story behind them are like a double whammy.
  4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Sort of reminds me of the barn I took down in Western PA when I was in college. For payment, my roommate and I got to keep anything we found in the barn, and any building materials we wanted.

It took us a little longer, though. We did it with chain saws and come-a-longs.
  5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thats a nice documentary set Chick. Looks like the Rokkor worked nicely for you.

We've actually done quite a bit of dismantling buildings ourselves to build our own house. The most recent addition is a 5m tall car shed which is build pretty much solely out of hardwood taken from an old shed that was going to be burnt. To purchase the hardwood it would have cost thousands.

That pile there would make the best bonfire! Take some matches a guitar and a packet of marshmallows and you're set!