Gone ... A small collection

MarkB1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Fly of some kind.
p1080597-001-mark-berkery.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hoverfly, in deathly embrace.
p1080648-001-mark-berkery.jpg

Weevil.
p1080633-001-mark-berkery.jpg

Hoverfly, disguised as a bee.
p1080586-mark-berkery.jpg

Carpet Beetle?
p1080711-mark-berkery.jpg

faithblinded

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ken
All great work, but that second one is incredible. I love how well the spider blends in. At a glance you might not even notice him. Well done!

Clicka

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Peter Campbell
Wow. It's like you bring us to some crazy weird Sci-Fi planet that's wilder than any human imagination. Freaks me out what some of those bugs look like.

maritan

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't know how you do it, but this is some impressive stuff. I'm going to have to learn macro photography and post processing for it.

MarkB1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
First one looks like a Robber Fly.

This is a robber fly, but I can see why you might think so - it does look predatory.
p1930751_markberkery.jpg

MarkB1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
All great work, but that second one is incredible. I love how well the spider blends in. At a glance you might not even notice him. Well done!
Phenomenal.
Wow. It's like you bring us to some crazy weird Sci-Fi planet that's wilder than any human imagination. Freaks me out what some of those bugs look like.
You got the skills. Great work.
Fantastic pictures ... as always!
I don't know how you do it, but this is some impressive stuff. I'm going to have to learn macro photography and post processing for it.
Great macro work, as usual :)

Thanks all for comments, appreciated.

How I do it is all in my 2nd sig link. PP is minimal on jpg's in Picasa, about 20 seconds usually, NBD.

atnbirdie

Mu-43 Regular
Yes, I'm familiar with robber flies. Not all are created equal and can diverge quite a bit from the image you chose as an example of the family. There are some species with a thick proboscis similar to what is in your own photo. However, without an angle to see antennae, or an idea of scale of the beast, I guess it will have to remain a mystery.

MarkB1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It does have similarities to a robber fly but that (on the end of what could be called its snout) looks like its antennae to me, not a proboscis. The fly is about 15mm length, maybe smaller. It could still be a robber fly but I don't know anyone who knows one way or the other.

Latest threads

Top Bottom