1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Going wide with 10 mm

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by manualfocus, Aug 10, 2013.

1. manualfocus

manualfocus New to Mu-43

Aug 9, 2013
    A while back I purchased a Panasonic G3 at a "close out" price as a "fun" camera to complement my "serious" camera.

The G3 with the kit lens was capable and I subsequently enjoyed using it with the Sigma 19 and 30 mm lenses that I acquired. I then purchased an adapter that allowed me to use my wife's Canon FD 50 mm lens that allowed me to take some great party photos.

Yet another adapter for my Canon EFS 10-22 mm lens is opening new opportunities.

The Sigma lenses allowed me full auto operation. The FD adapter was full auto except with manual aperture but the EFS lens doesn't even have a manual aperture control. This is of little consequence for daytime photos.

The attached photo was at 10 mm (20 mm effective) and the lens is larger than the camera.

I am now pretty much of the opinion that digital cameras have evolved to the point that the lens is all that counts. If only Moore's law applied to optics.

P1010490.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Beautiful - crisp and bright with great color and contrast. :thumbup:

3. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    The EF-S lenses remain wide open with no aperture control. But there is a way to use them at smaller apertures. With the lens mounted on a Canon body, in M(anual) mode select the desired aperture, then depress and hold the DOF prevue button while you depress the lens "unlock" button and while still holding the DOF prevue button twist and remove the lens.

The aperture now remains at the last "set" value until remounted on the Canon body.

A bit "clunky" and "fiddly" but it does work.

4. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    This is what you need :)

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kipon EOS-m4/3 Canon EOS to Micro Four Thirds Lens Adapter w/ Aperture Control

5. MoriahMattson

MoriahMattson Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 3, 2013
    Beizing
    thats really a superb thing to do up here, i am really surprised to see it up here, thanks fro sharing this with us....