1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Going to Washington DC

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bob madison, Feb 22, 2013.

1. bob madison

bob madison Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    leaving socal next Wed. The wife is going to be in meetings and I have time free. Veereshai suggested I start up a meet up thread. I think Sat or Sunday would be better to meet someplace in capital. We are staying Vienna so I will be taking the metro in. If anyone is interested please chime with a place and time that would be good.

2. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I am in. Let me know what you generally like to shoot and I can suggest a few places.

3. bob madison

May 23, 2012
    I think this time I would like to shoot the monuments and get some buildings also. I am bringing the G3 and only the 20mm lens. Traveling light and making it work. Thought maybe meeting at the Lincoln statue. I am always open too ideas and change.

Bob

4. Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz New to Mu-43

Feb 9, 2013
    Baltimore
    If the weather is nice id be interested. Im in baltimore and wouldnt mind doing some shooting at the monuments in and around the Mall.

5. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Have you been to DC?

My wife and I took one of the Segway tours last year. It was a blast. No we did not have a detail view or visit to any one place. But we did get a good broad overview tour that was also fun. And we covered ALOT more ground than we could have walking.

6. bob madison

May 23, 2012
    I was checking the weather and this weekend looks the same both days about high of 41 and no rain.
    Does Sunday sound good. If not Sat. is just as good.

How about meeting at 1000 am Sunday in front of the Lincoln memorial? We will have to figure out how to idenify if the time sounds good.

Bob

7. veereshai

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I am in for Saturday as I think Sunday will be cooler than Saturday.

8. bob madison

May 23, 2012
    Saturday sounds great. Any idea where to meet at the Lincoln? I will be carrying a small TT soft green camera bag. Since it is cold for me I will wearing a dark and light grey jacket. maybe even wearing a dark blue watch hat.

9. veereshai

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    It's going to be cold for me as well :biggrin:. I'll leave you a message with my number and you can give me yours and I'll give you a call when I get there. We can meet at the Lincoln memorial or we could meet outside the Smithsonian Metro station and walk down to the memorial. I think you'll be taking the Orange line metro?

10. Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz New to Mu-43

Feb 9, 2013
    Baltimore
    If you guys wouldnt mind a third i may be game (weather dependent).
    Saturday morning would work.

11. veereshai

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    The more the merrier :smile:. Will send you a PM tomorrow with the meetup details.

• Like Like x 1