Going to purchase the YN560 III in the next few days. still have quesitons.

ghost2k

New to Mu-43
I bought a YN560-III and YN560-TX for Nikon, no problem on mounting any of them on the hotshoe, but I have to issues.

- I can't change the power of the YN560-III from YN560-TX, it fires but the group option does not appear on the flash
- The flash mounted on the camera does not fire, probably I'm doing something wrong; bit I'm sure what it is. Could you tell me the settings you use.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Tony Rex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Tony Rex
I bought a YN560-III and YN560-TX for Nikon, no problem on mounting any of them on the hotshoe, but I have to issues.

- I can't change the power of the YN560-III from YN560-TX, it fires but the group option does not appear on the flash
- The flash mounted on the camera does not fire, probably I'm doing something wrong; bit I'm sure what it is. Could you tell me the settings you use.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Have you activated the group function on the 560 III? It's in the 560 TX manual or on here http://www.davidpartington.com/m43/2014/11/08/yongnuo-yn560-tx-review/

Set the 560 III as RX, on same channel as the TX, and the same trigger mode 602 or 603.

少林chris

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris
Has anyone had any luck on finding a trigger mount that fits mu43 and fuji the same time? Yongnuo triggers for mu43 are also build for canon, where as fuji YN triggers are also build for nikon, therefore one would have to buy two different triggers. Is there a solution to a one-trigger set?

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Has anyone had any luck on finding a trigger mount that fits mu43 and fuji the same time? Yongnuo triggers for mu43 are also build for canon, where as fuji YN triggers are also build for nikon, therefore one would have to buy two different triggers. Is there a solution to a one-trigger set?
Are you talking about the manual Yongnuo triggers? I don't see why it matters given that the only important thing is the centre pin... all the others can be taken out without much loss.

jaclu

Mu-43 Regular
Hm not entirely true, at least some combined sender/receivers need to detect that they are connected to a camera in order to work as sender or reciever, for the yongnuo 603 i have changed one to be m43 pin compatible and left the other as is (works on fuji bodies) so depending on what camera is shooting that device is put on the camera and the other is used for flash or remote trigger

bomo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Wayne
Hm not entirely true, at least some combined sender/receivers need to detect that they are connected to a camera in order to work as sender or reciever, for the yongnuo 603 i have changed one to be m43 pin compatible and left the other as is (works on fuji bodies) so depending on what camera is shooting that device is put on the camera and the other is used for flash or remote trigger

I think most of the discussion here relating to triggers have been regarding the Yongnuo 560-TX which is a dedicated trigger - so only really requires the center pin since they don't need to detect if they should operate as a receiver or transmitter. So used in conjunction with the YN560 III or IV flash units, should work with any camera equipped with a standard hot shoe.

BTW - I can't emphasize enough what a cost effective setup this is. The Yongnuo YN560-TX together with the YN560 III or IV flashes make a terrific off camera flash combo.

少林chris

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris
I'm looking to buy the 560-TX for both mu43 and fuji, hopefully it should work without removing the pins. Will keep updating if there are anyone else shooting on both systems.

Tony Rex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Tony Rex
Chris, I wouldn't worry about it because the 560TX fully supports group function regardless of the pins, unlike RF605. The latter's group function depends on Canon or Nikon pins, therefore on m43 an RF605 can't enable/disable groups. It'll just trigger all RX slaves, except other RF605s. Just posted this recently on whirlpool forum:

A word of warning for those who are thinking of getting the combo. I just found out that the group function on the RF605 would trigger YN560 IV units regardless of the group disabled status. Despite group "A" being disabled on the trigger, YN560 IV units on group "A" would pop regardless..

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3870140#forum-post-56276568
http://flashhavoc.com/yongnuo-rf605-flash-trigger-announced/
https://www.flickr.com/groups/strobist/discuss/72157647167872224/

The group function works normally between RF605 units, but putting triggers on units having built in transceiver is just stupid. My work around to disable a remote group was setting the group to "--" on the 560TX and also disable the group on the RF605 on TX mode. That'll do the trick. So I would treat RF605s and 560TX/560III/560IV as separate ecosystems if you need to disable groups.

PS: My RF605s are of the latest batch.

少林chris

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris
Chris, I wouldn't worry about it because the 560TX fully supports group function regardless of the pins, unlike RF605. The latter's group function depends on Canon or Nikon pins, therefore on m43 an RF605 can't enable/disable groups. It'll just trigger all RX slaves, except other RF605s. Just posted this recently on whirlpool forum:

That's great, thanks a lot!

inkista

Mu-43 Top Veteran

This is only true with the RF-603 (MkI). The RF-603II was updated so that the power switch is now on the side of the unit (where you can actually reach it when it has a flash mounted up to), and the slider switch has OFF/Tx/TRx settings, so you can always explicitly switch any unit into transmitter mode, whether or not the TTL pin signal is there. The RF-603IIs work fine on mft, Fuji X, and Sony NEX, as well as letting the test button work in-hand (i.e., the unit no longer has to be mounted on a camera for the test button to work). You no longer have to modify a unit to be a dedicated transmitter.

However, the YN-560-TX unit is a better unit to use than the RF-602/RF-603II/RF-605 units, because it also grants you remote power/zoom/groups control over any YN-560III/IV flashes you're using. The RF-602/3 units can only send the sync and wake-up signals (for Canikon. Wake-up doesn't work on mft); while the RF-605 can only send sync and groups on/off.

Latest threads

Top Bottom