Going long or wide on Bar M

Indianpeaksjoe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
It was super warm today and we made the most of it by riding all over the Bar M trails. I took the 75mm and the 7-14. Two ends of the spectrum, but I like they way they worked.
P3070760.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P3070652.jpeg
P3070831.jpeg
P3070847.jpeg
P3070872.jpeg
P3070914.jpeg
P3070951.jpeg
P3071009.jpeg
P3071149.jpeg
P3071181.jpeg

P3070981.jpeg

Indianpeaksjoe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
As an aside I bought a 75mm 1.8 shortly after my EM5 Mk1, and I sold it because I could not get a single shot in focus of a moving subject. But fast forward 8 years and the EM1 Mk3 can do it no problem.

-Joe

Indianpeaksjoe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Ha! To be clear, I bought a used one from KEH because I was scared of being burned again. But so far it is great. There is a certain "feel" to the pics with that lens that I really like and can't recreate with the 40-150. Also it is smaller so I can put in my Mindshift Gear Trail Rotation on a bike ride, which is why it gets used too.

-Joe

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
off topic but how do you guys like that salsa bike?

this makes me feel like I'm really missing an UWA in my kit

Indianpeaksjoe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Laura loves it! that is the Salsa Rustler with 27.5+ wheels and 150/140mm suspension. She can ride basically anything on it and it has been no maintenance.

I had a Salsa Horse thief, which was also a great bike. I sold it and got this bike (pic from this morning :) )
IMG_5347.JPG

I am planning on getting a Rustler this summer.

-Joe

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
Whoa! who makes that HT? I have a Kingdom vendetta ti, and a Starling murmur.... looks like we have similar tastes in bikes and cameras :thumbsup:

Indianpeaksjoe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
That is a Blaze https://www.blazebicycles.com/ . It is an Alpha Wulf, which they only do custom now. But it is made here in town... I walked in the shop and was smitten!

I love a full squish bike, but after I got this I never rode my FS bike again. Two years later new bike fever still has not worn off, but I know a FS bike would good on some of the longer tech descents. My wife can pull ahead on those and there is no way I can keep up.

-Joe

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
That is a Blaze https://www.blazebicycles.com/ . It is an Alpha Wulf, which they only do custom now. But it is made here in town... I walked in the shop and was smitten!

I love a full squish bike, but after I got this I never rode my FS bike again. Two years later new bike fever still has not worn off, but I know a FS bike would good on some of the longer tech descents. My wife can pull ahead on those and there is no way I can keep up.

-Joe

Damn those bikes are beautiful. I had the exact same revelation when I got my hardcore HT and the only reason I keep the FS around is for safety because a lot of the trails here in So Cal are steep and very chunky and I get suckered into trying to keep up with my really fast friends. If I moved somewhere more mellow I could definitely do without the FS, but it's nice to have both.

Also, you've probably answered this somewhere on here, but what do you use to pack your camera gear on rides? I decided its time to bring my G9 along for the rides
IMG_8960.jpeg

Taken with my iPhone (sorry), the UWA makes me really want the 8-18 as an alternative to my 12-35

Indianpeaksjoe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I use a Mindshift Gear Trail 180 pack to carry my camera and one extra lens. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore, the next size up is in my opinion too big for riding. I have been trying out a Lowepro bag this winter which has been ok... but it has so many straps and the zipper on the side compartment is kinda junky.

I use a Mindshift Gear Trail 180 pack to carry my camera and one extra lens. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore, the next size up is in my opinion too big for riding. I have been trying out a Lowepro bag this winter which has been ok... but it has so many straps and the zipper on the side compartment is kinda junky.
I’m wider than you, so the size up works great for me.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom