1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Godox Witsro AD-180/360

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by With_Eyes_Unclouded, Jun 30, 2013.

1. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    Does anybody have any experience with these flashes? They are known in the US by their rebranded CheetahLight name (CL-180/360).

Esp. the 360 (Ws) version, although not cheap, seems like a good choice for on location shooting, and a viable alternative to the much more expensive (and lower in power) Quantum QFlash. It doesn't come with TTL or other higher end features, but it does seem well build and reliable. Also has a serious assortment of accessories/modifiers at very nice prices.

I'm bringing up this subject of high-power, highly mobile lights, because I'm doing a study on a "studio on a bag" solution, that I'll be posting soon.

Any experience with these lights would be greatly appreciated!

2. With_Eyes_Unclouded

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
  3. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    I know I am bring thing back from the dead but I just recently came back to the m43 system and I am going through the old post here.

I have the Cheetah brand version and I love it. I have the CL-360 and I've used it heavily on weddings, engagements, senior portraits and just about everything else that I do. The quality of the bare bulb is amazing and the battery last forever as well. I haven't tried it out professionally yet with my m43 camera but I can't imagine it would be any different from using it on my Nikon.

Here is a shot that I did for a promo shoot last month. A single speed light would not have enough power to do this.
    **DISCLAIMER THIS WAS NOT TAKEN WITH A M43 CAMERA.**

Attached Files:

• beat.
      beat.jpg
      File size:
      397.7 KB
      Views:
  4. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    Did you here that flash planned on releasing a gh3 compatible controller for the trio? It's possible it'll work with olly bodies as well. Can't wait to find out.

5. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    This flash is NOT TTL, it is a straight manual only so it will work with just about any camera. As far as the Trio, I am guessing you are talking about Quantum flash. I heard a while back that they where talking about it but I haven't followed up on if they are still planning to make one or not.

6. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    They plan on making it haven't been able to find a date.

7. With_Eyes_Unclouded

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    Sorry for taking that long to see the answers to this thread!

Since I started the thread, I have seen at least two rebranded version of this flash (and the 180Ws version), namely Lencarta in the UK and Genesis in Poland. The latter is much less expensive than the others.

8. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    I had an opportunity to test these when they first came out. The GODEX bare bulb flashes are sturdy builds and a very viable alternative to Quntum qFlashes. They are available under the names Wistro, Cheetah, Lencarta, and Walimex.

180 and 360 watt versions, power levels down to 1/128, built in optic slave, and with the optional FT-16 wireless remotes provide manual control of each of a possible 16 groups. Remote receivers can connect by PC, 3.5mm plug or USB in the case the FT-16s. Unique is that the focus assist light is manually controlled.

They can accept the qFlash, Lumedyne, and Sunpack 120j modifiers. However those items that fit on the front of the reflector are not interchangeable with the Quantum units. The front of the reflectors are different sizes.

These lack TTL capacities but can have HSS with optional transceivers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    I'm not sure where Quantum is with their development of the Co-Pilot and Trio for Panasonic Lumix's. They were ready for field testing sometime ago - but since then there has been no updates and Will Crocket has gone silent on the subject, I suspect he never should have said anything to begin with.

Quantum's official word is register for their newsletter and the announcement will be made through it. However, I have not received a Quantum newsletter in several months.

There is a Quantum D10W TTL module for Olympus that allows one to use a wired connection to a qFlash t5Dr and qTTL works on the OM-Ds.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    Older thread never saw it :)

I use the cheetahs 360 models and love em great units both with my omd and ff gear
    Since I use off camera manual don't miss any ttl options anyway ?

Got to sell my old photogenic stuff one day :)

Use mine with a kacey adapter for my elinchrom deep Octas or fireball or use them with softlighter or bounced or umbrellas etc..