Godox TT350 advice for G80/85

Old Picker

Mu-43 Regular
Hi All,
I just purchased the Godox TT350 for my G85 and cannot get it to work TTL. I might be missing something here, but I was under the impression that it would automatically set the zoom etc under TTL setting and also automatically adjust the flash output? Probably I just don't understand the instructions for it but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please don't be hard on me.
Many thanks
Graham

junkyardsparkle

haunted scrap heap
Well, first thing to make sure of is that it's the "O" model, for Olympus/Panasonic TTL. If so, second thing to check is that it's set to TTL mode (pushing the "mode" button cycles through modes). Still no TTL? Make sure the foot is seated all the way forward in the hot shoe... sometimes this takes a little extra push (and maybe raise the threaded ring all the way first just to make sure the locking pin isn't catching on anything). If none of that helps... time for some head scratching. :hmmm:

EDIT: there might be some camera flash settings to check, too, but I'm not familiar with Panasonic cameras.

Old Picker

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Many thanks for the quick reply, really appreciated. yes, it is the "o" model. It may well be something to do with the flash settings on the camera. If anyone who has the G85 can offer any advice on this that would be great. Bought the flash as I'm going to a wedding in 2 weeks time and just want to take some pictures of the couple signing the register as only 10 people can be allowed in the room due to social distancing.

mumu

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Can u post a photo of the flash unit's rear screen and of your camera's rear screen so we can see the basic settings in use?

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have the G85 and that flash, just checked mine and it works ok.
As suggested make sure you are in TTL mode. Pressing the mode button on the left should cycle through, TTL, Multi & M.
Put the camera in iAuto to check the flash as this should hopefully get rid of any odd camera setting that will stop the flash firing.
I presume the flash will fire by pressing the red led button when it lights up.

From memory the auto zoom mode has the "AU" to the left of the zoom display. If it has a "M" it is s fixed zoom length.
If yours is not in the "AU" setting press the zoom button [dont hold it down or you get into the custom function] rotate the wheel [to the left from memory] till the "AU" shows then press OK to select it.

All the 350 series work the same way so watch a few you tube videos like the below to see how it works.
One thing I found that since it only has two batteries if they run down a bit the flash does not work correctly or consistently. Just put new batteries in, even if they show a reasonable charge in a battery tester. One of the problems with 2 battery flashes again 4 battery units I have found.

Old Picker

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Retired From Life :th_salute:
Brilliant. Firstly it was in M and I could not get the AU. Then, having the Bounce wide angled diffuser out stopped it going auto also. Works great. Just wanted to use the white bounce to make a nice flash......so....many thanks for your help.
I watched most youtube videos on it but just could not get it to work...but now, works great so many thanks, really appreciated,
Graham

Headsup7up

New to Mu-43
Make sure the foot is seated all the way forward in the hot shoe... sometimes this takes a little extra push (and maybe raise the threaded ring all the way first just to make sure the locking pin isn't catching on anything).
+1 on this! It’s happened to me more than I care to admit.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom