1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Godox/Neewer DS 300 Review...and yes they work well with Cheeath Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by 13thFloorPhotography, Apr 24, 2014.

1. 13thFloorPhotography

13thFloorPhotography Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I have spent a lot of time with the Cheetah Barebulb Flash and Speedlights during the last couple of months and I must say they are the perfect on-location lights. They are powerful and portable. If there is one thing I find missing about these lights, I would say is the modeling light. What I love most about EVFs is that they give a live preview of what your shot will look like before you fire away. Because of my preferred style of shooting and the settings I like, all I see is black which makes composing through the evf difficult. I decided to try out these monolights because it integrates with my existing lights perfectly. Just thought I would share my review of these affordable lights with the m43 community, since it has worked so well with my E-M1 and E-P5

http://13thfloorphotography.blogspot.com/2014/04/godox-de300-neewer-ds300-monolight.html

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Thanks for posting, good info in there :) 

3. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I am happy you found the info useful. Glad I didn't have to pay an arm and leg for it too

• Like Like x 1
  4. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Picture attached is also straight out of the E-M1

5. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    Ed has a new unit coming out cl-600
    Led modeling lamp and use same triggers etc..
    Battery like a quadra ! Can't wait to get one of these !
    Will convert my elinchrom to new mount keep my deep octa fireball and might pick up some beauty dishes again !
    I have some converters I use with my cheetah but hate the bulk etc... So don't bother to much
    But this will be awesome for me and the led modeling lamp !
    Keeping the 360 and 850 for when less power portability is needed but will be a nice main light with modeling light when I need it

Nice to have a plugin option though if you have a studio :) 

When I work with lighting turn my evf setting so it's not what I see but steady ? Forgot the name :) 

Basically will be like this in the link Ed has a couple things to test on his first
    [http://www.lencarta.com/safari-li-on-portable-flash-system
    http://www.lightingrumours.com/lencarta-safari-2-kit-brings-1200ws-light-location-5570

6. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I saw that article, Happyfish. I am super excited to see Lencarta (well, godox really) coming out with really cool and highly useable products. I would be the first to buy from Ed when he has finished his Quality control testing

7. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    Been some chatting on potn forum about them to with some pics :) 

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=16830038&postcount=4070

Last few pages have also been showing some cool mount ideas for the regular bare bulb setups :) 

Glad to see a modeling light coming :)  was going to get a small basic led video setup to mount inside my softboxes :) 
    Hate at a wedding not having enough light excited about going broke :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.