Godox firmware updates

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by thenextpage, Dec 5, 2017.

1. thenextpage

thenextpage Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2014
    Updates available for:
    TT685-O
    V860II-O

Looks like function updates for both are similar:
    1.To add the option of wireless ID(C.Fn-ID)
    2.To add the ON/OFF option of SLAVE mode indicator(C.Fn-Sv LED)

GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD Download

• Like Like x 2
  2. comment23

comment23 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Hampshire, UK
    Simon
    Thanks for letting us know.

I was hoping for them to address the incorrect zoom length issue. For me it seems like the flash is reading a 1.5x crop sensor rather than m4/3’s 2x crop (yes I have set it to 4/3 in the menu).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Repp

Repp Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Those updates were generic to all of godox’s speedlights regardless of brand, we probably won’t see specific m43 fixes for a bit, but hopefully soon. Maybe with the m43 Xpro trigger?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Repp

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    btw, this is how you update godox from a mac. Virtual machine version of windows. it's pretty easy, but still wish they'd make a dedicated mac updater.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thenextpage

Oct 13, 2014
    Anyone know if you can update flashpoint brand models with the corresponding godox firmware?

6. Repp

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    yes, to my knowledge it's the exact same units. You can also download it from adorama if you want to keep everything separate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thenextpage

Oct 13, 2014
    Cool thanks. I checked the adprama site but didn't see that they have the updates available yet

8. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    I've updated my Canon Flashpoint R2 Zoom TTL (non-Li) with the Godox TT685-C v3.2 and G1 app. I just did it again for the v3.3 update.

Just a note. I also needed to upgrade my XPro-C from v1.1 to v1.4, but the G2 software was giving me a "file in the wrong format" when I fed it the .dfu file off the Godox website. The file from the Adorama site worked, though. And someone on dpreview mentioned that one likely issue is the presence of Chinese two-byte characters in the folder names. I hadn't run into that before, and I've already upgraded my XPro-C, so I haven't tested it, but thought it should be mentioned. If you have an issue using the Godox site files, try removing the Chinese characters.

BTW, I can confirm that you can now turn off the LED blinking and that ID codes work with an XPro, at least on an updated TT685-C. :)

• Like Like x 1