1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Godox adds m43 remote TTL/HSS?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by Repp, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ranter

Ranter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    Randall
    a bit odd that in the compatability , it doesnt show either panasonic or olympus //

well i'm certainly hoping ..

3. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Yeah... Which is why the title follows up with a ?..... Still, hope!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

4. Ranter

Ranter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    Randall
    to be honest i'm primarliy a canon 5d3 shooter .. i've only recently gotten into m43,, but i'm loving it ,, the only thing holding me back from making it atleast a 50/50 deal ,, is the lack of lighting support .. i'm really hoping therese something to this
    \
    i might give them a call tomorrow and see if this is really true

• Like Like x 1
  5. SpecFoto

SpecFoto Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    So Cal
    Jim
    The Adorama listing saying that Oly and Panasonic versions have TTL and HSS is in error. According to CheetahStand, and others in direct contact with Godox, only Nikon, Canon and now Sony has both TTL and HSS. There is no TTL/HSS version for Oly/Panasonic, nor a current plan to do so. For HSS only, I have read it may be possible to use the new X-1/R-2 transmitter with updated 2.4GHz receivers to do HSS on Oly/Panasonic, but I have not been able find anyone who has done this reliably and can confirm it. (Other than Star bright star lights work-a-round posted in this forum). HSS with power adjustment will require more than a single contact point at the flash shoe, according to some.

And while updating the original manual versions of the Godox flashes to the new 2.4GHz transmitters/receivers seems like a good idea, there are more than a few who are finding out the reliability of the triggering has gone down, way down in some cases, due to all the 2.4GHz band interference! My Godox 433MHz transmitter/receivers have been nearly flawless with regards to triggering, and for right now I don't plan on changing.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  6. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Yes, pending the channel you use, I'm not surprised if people are seeing a problem with interference with the 2.4gHz freq range, as you said, it's a very commonly used ISM freq. You'd probably have to play with the channel selection in your area to find the one with the least interference or be a dork and have a RF spectrum analyzer sitting around...

I also saw the cheetah post about them not having heard anything about other systems being support for TTL/HSS as well, which makes me a bit sad. However, it's worth noting that adorama is caring more of the newer generation of godox gear than cheetah, who isn't planning to carry the v850ii or the ttl version of the 600x. Either way, we'd have to wait for the Pany/Oly X1 trigger, the XT16, or rumored XT32 to use the newer 2.4ghz with m43 gear... so it's all up in the air till the product hits the streets.

7. star bright star light

star bright star light Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 22, 2015
    Place your "pre-order" for the "Four Thirds" R2 triggers at Adorama as an encouraging suggestion that Adorama should work towards making it a reality. They claim to not charge your credit card until it ships - don't they?

Come on members of this forum, let's use our voices and our wallets to show what sort of interest there is for a product that works with Olympus / Panasonic (and Leica too, or am I incorrect?)

• Agree Agree x 1