Godox AD600BM and Oly/Pany Compatibility?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by cacadepollo, Jul 22, 2016.

1. cacadepollo

cacadepollo Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 6, 2015
    Hey yall. so a few weeks back I was considering getting either a Profoto B2 or Elinchrom ELB 400 kit, but just this week I discovered this Godox AD600bm light, which looks to be a direct competitor of the Profoto B1, as it's a stand-alone lighting set up like the B1.

They work with one of their new remote triggers called the X1. But they only seem to have a Canon version, a Nikon version, and a Sony version. But not for Oly or Pany or Fuji..

Do you guys know if I could still use a Canon, Nikon, or Sony version regardless?

I think if I could actually use of those remotes I would lose some capabilities like TTL and HSS, but I can do without HSS, and I'm used to working manual anyway. I just need a remote that will work on our shoe.

It kinda sucks that hardly any companies cater to the M43 platform with their products, but I guess that be life...

thanks for your input.
  2. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    I have Godox AD600. I bought it originally to use with my Sony A7RII but also to use with my Fuji and m43 and Nikon. Long story short, I am out of Sony game and Fuji game.
    1) You are correct, that HSS Radio triggers are only there for Sony, Nikon and Canon. m43 and Fuji is getting disrespected as usual. However, Godox is saying maybe early next year they will make one.
    2) Godox makes an Radio older transmitter/receiver system (which costs next to nothing) that is also sold as Neweer on amazon and many other brands. That will not give you HSS, but it will work up to your camera's X-sync speed. It works with my AD600 perfectly.

I paid $549 for Godox AD600..... There was also an amazon lighting deal where it was on sale for $399. It is very powerful, and I had mine for two months and had to only charge battery once. I've shot it several times, each time 100s of times at full power, and my battery still shows full power. Phenomenal.
  3. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    So, with the new godox 2.4GHz system, you can currently only use the XT16 or XT32g for manual only flash (no ttl or hss). Per Adorama's site, an upgrade is coming for pany, oly, fuji, and pentex. But no other info is currently out on it. "This Item is currently in Development and has not been released yet. The price has not been set yet. You may add it to your wish list or sign up to get a price notification when Item will be announced"

Here is a full overview of the system.
  4. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    I would not want a dedicated ttl one unless you are exclusively in one mfr camp and don't see yourself ever using it with other mfr gear. The Beauty of system that I can shoot with canon and another person can shoot with Nikon or Sony at the same time and u never have to switch anything