Go figure.

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by jimr.pdx, Nov 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    My best-laid plans ate to watch both G7 and LX100 prices through the sales season and pounce on what feels like an unbeatable bargain. After which I must stop looking, in case I'm wrong! :eek:

So far the LX100 is holding as the more expensive choice, which I find surprising. Do others think this is curious? I guess pana still feels more buyers would seek the LX100 so the price might hold up better. We shall see if this is true in two weeks though.

For the most part the limits on the LX100 are OK by me.. really though the lack of touch-AF and stopping at 75mme would frustrate me fairly often. Most likely a G7 plus kit plus 45-175 would be a happier outcome even if the lenses are slower. And the silver/grey is far more :cool: in my estimation anyway.

So let the G7 stay cheaper, see if I care!! :laugh1:

2. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    If you are looking for a primary camera, get the G7. If you already have a primary camera you are satisfied with, but want a smaller, good, take everywhere camera, get the LX100. About a month ago Amazon had a bundle with the LX100, Wasabi charger & 2 batteries, B&W UV coated filter, Transcend 32 gig card and little camera bag for $697. Everything but the bag was useful, so I got it.

Very good as a take everywhere camera that I can make 12x16 prints from.

3. Taurahe

Taurahe Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    Brandon
    Roberts camera had the g7 with 14-42 and 25 1.7 for 499. I bought one.....

4. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    I caught a real deal on eBuy via Samys. They sold their demo silver G7 for just under $470 :2thumbs: with about 280 clicks and 14-42 II lens. The other deals on a new G7 were most excellent but even adding the Adorama gift card wasn't this low.

I'm certain to really enjoy this camera, but if somehow it isn't a good fit for me :confused: I have 30 days to hand it back and remain with my familiar Pentax stuff. If it's the ideal Pentax complement I believe it will be ;) I have a list of lens bargains to chase, along with a good microphone & a 2nd/3rd battery!