1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GM1 kit from Adorama on eBay for $399

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by rjl1246, Jan 25, 2016.

1. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Hello,

Some of you might be interested to know that Adorama is offering the GM1 lens kit on orange for $399.95 with free shipping.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Digital Camera (Orange) with 12-32mm Lens (Silver)

I have the blue version and it's a convenient and capable jacket pocket combo. Have a look if it might be right for you.

I just checked the Adorama site itself and they have it there as well, with free shipping, and also have the blue and black versions for the same price:

Panasonic DMC-GM1

Robert

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Tom_Chan

Tom_Chan Mu-43 Regular

Aug 19, 2013
    GM5 is available for $100 more at Adorama: Panasonic DMC-GM5

Both cameras have their pros and cons compared to each other.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    The GM1 is an excellent alternative to a P&S. I usually take the GM1, 12-32mm, 35-100mm, 20mm f1.7 in a CozySpeed gunslinger bag when I go on vacation - makes for a very compact kit.

4. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If you are not opposed to grey market, you can get them from Japan for about $310. Japan uses the same plugs and video frame rates as North America, so that's probably the only place I'd buy an import camera from.

5. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Do you happen to know if these cameras have English menus? I only ask because I've seen a couple Panasonic bodies on sale at KEH in the past (a GX7 and a G6) that were deeply discounted because they were Japanese language only.

6. tkbslc

The one I was looking at specifically said English in bold letters under the spec list: Panasonic DMC-GM1SK Blue 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH MEGA OIS Lens Kit Japan Model New

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    I'd like to add that these camera kits at Amazon are also eligible for the three year extended warranty program currently being offered by Panasonic as well, if warranties are important to buyers, and I am guessing a purchase directly from our site helps the site
    to continue functioning and serving our needs.

Robert

• Like Like x 1
  8. astrostl

astrostl Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Justin Honold
    Love the GM1, love the 12-32. Use it as a second, hyper-portable body to go with an E-M1. Also enjoy getting to "experience" both vendors in the MFT system.

9. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    I was looking at those Japanese vendors, but I concluded that there might only be one or two words in English in the menu. Unless they have changed polices, Panasonic's Japanese domestic model have been Japanese only. You can always ask them in a private ebay message.

I paid $389 at Adorama last Fall for my GM1 and got a free alloy grip that I will never use.

10. astrostl

astrostl Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Justin Honold
    My understanding is that a lot of the gray market GM1s are PAL-only for video. I ran into one on Amazon.

11. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    That's probably a good reason to go with one of the bigger on-line/brick and mortar shops domestically, such as B&H or Adorama, which again benefits our site here if we directly link for a purchase without costing us anything. As I said above, it also opens the option for the free extended warranty.

Robert

12. cptobvious

cptobvious Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    Adorama has the GM5 for $440. Might as well shell out the extra $40.

• Like Like x 2
  13. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I guess these are being closed out as a GM7 was rumored to be coming in Spring... Anyone seen any specs?

Is there any hope for ibis in a body this size?

Barry

14. tkbslc

So far Panasonic has only included IBIS in the GX line, so I doubt they are even trying. It would probably have 4k though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. astrostl

astrostl Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Justin Honold
    I knew about both and deliberately chose the GM1 because I wanted the smaller body, larger screen, and integrated bounceable flash.

Can definitely see others liking the added wheel and hotshoe, but I don't think it's nearly a newer == better situation with these two.