GM1+12-32 $497 at BH

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by kwalsh, Dec 14, 2014.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Nice. Fortunately, I'm out of camera money at the moment.:whew:

2. tortau

tortau Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2014
    Waterloo, Canada
    It sure hurts when I see the price drops.

3. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    This is tempting… I just got a gx7.. but the gm1 is so tiny.. need to research...

4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    They would make a perfect set. :tongue:

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Yep. I live one generation behind to mitigate the effect.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    In this particular case I've got a collection of wonderful photos of my daughter from the past ten months that I value more than the now $200 price difference. The GM1 came a lot of places where my E-M5 stayed home. But in general when it comes to bodies they devalue pretty quickly so unless they meet some immediate need best to wait for the inevitable price drops - like this one!

7. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Great lens, but I ended up using it with an E-PM2 and selling the GM1.

• Like Like x 1
  8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    This is kind of where I am. The E-PM2 is sufficient but that lens would be nice. Even the Pentax Q with lens is still only coat pocket-able.

• Like Like x 1
  9. cptobvious

cptobvious Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    I see it's the same price at Adorama, plus you can bundle it with the new Panasonic 35-100mm for $100 off. I probably would've gotten this if I hadn't just bought an A7.

10. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    The GM1 at that price is tempting. But probably better to wait for the GM5 to drop that low next year. But maybe I'll skip both. I hate having to decide between a built-in EVF and a built-in flash. The Sony RX100 III would give me both. Yes, I know it's a smaller sensor! Don't remind me! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  11. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Maybe pick up a leftover Fuji XS1? It's only a 2/3" sensor but it does weigh two lbs. :biggrin:

12. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    This deal has me interested, though I have no need for anything... The small lens is attractive, but I was more interrested months ago when they were hotter and new, and another compact, slow zoom doesn't hold much appeal. I have two 14-42 PZ lenses, not the same animal, but slow and compact and filling that niche. However, if the lens alone is going for $350, and worth it, that makes the body a very inexpensive compact if desired for a mere $150.

With the control wheel on the rear of my LX7 failing prematurely, the LX100 is attractive as a replacement, but cost much more than I want to spend. The close focus feature is something I need/want if replacing the failing LX7.

I've not been watching the new model developments closely for months (still happy with my multiple GX1s) but the GM5 seems like a cool little tool too (but the close focus of the LX100 is lost).

But both of these little babies are $8-900, ouch. ;)

13. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
  14. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Yes, when I see these prices drop so fast compared to what I paid for this camera and lens I think wow.. Roll over turn off the light and go to sleep.. I keep a barf bag by the bedside.. :).

• Like Like x 1
  15. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    My new plan is wait for these end of the year sales. ;)