GM-1 Shooting Report

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by graben, Nov 3, 2013.

1. graben

graben Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2013
    Chicago, Illinois
    • Like Like x 2
  2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    I believe yodobashi is a major electronics store in japan?

A lot is lost in translation with google translate, but it's nice seeing some more sample pictures.

3. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    I was able to handle a prototype GM-1 at a photo expo yesterday. It is slightly larger than my LX5. I was able to shoot a few photos with the 12-32 zoom on my GX7. I will post some images when I download them.

4. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Well, hurry up! :biggrin:

5. graben

graben Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2013
    Chicago, Illinois
    Yes they are, I just discovered that they did these shooting reports.

6. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Wait...is it saying that it has the GX7 sensor/processor?? That'd be awesome! Also...I'm digging the low-light and the wedding pictures...

Fittingly enough, the first I ever heard (seen) of the GM1 was on a recent trip to Japan...at Yodobashi Camera...they had some dummy cameras there to handle...you really have to handle it to appreciate how tiny this thing is...like Pentax Q tiny...but with a comparatively massive sensor and decent controls! :)

7. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? I just got to the end of it and saw the prices... +/- $900?? That's insane. No way. No...way. I was expecting this thing to roll in at half that much *TOPS!!*.

EDIT: I just saw that the North American MSRP is $750...still...that's a lot!!!

8. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    My test shots with the 12-32 on my GX7 didn't work out well. According to the Lumix rep at the photo expo, the lens was a preproduction unit and will only auto focus on the GM1 (the camera body did not have a serial number label on the bottom). It is a firmware issue. I can report that the 12-32 handled very well on the GX7. I will give the lens a try when the production version is available. I was told that it will be available separately eventually.

Mike

9. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    According to numerous sources, it definitely has the GX7 sensor. Apparently no IBIS though.

10. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    If past Panasonic cameras price trend is any indication, it will drop to your target price in 6 months!