1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Glad we do M43

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by mcasan, Sep 4, 2016.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Two weeks ago the wife and I were at Silver Salmon Creek in Lake Clark Alaska shooting coastal brown bears. The wife and I each had two E-M1 bodes with 40-150 Pro + TC on one body and the 300 Pro on the other body. We had lots of rain and fog. The DSLR shooters around us were trying to use rain sleeves trash bags, and ponchos to protect their equipment. They had several equipment failures from leaks. The wife and I never covered our equipment and had zero failures or problems. The shot is from my iPhone of my E-M! shooting a coastal brown bear further down the beach. Note the rain all over the body and lens. So very glad we went M43 a couple of years ago. :2thumbs:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    This is exactly why I am a huge fan of weather sealed gear and why all my wildlife lenses are weather sealed. I love shooting in that kind of weather and love the looks I get from others with different systems as they struggle and I just go on shooting. I was surprised that the Nikon 200-500 ƒ5.6 is not weather sealed. That is the lens I would want to pair with the D500 because it is a good compromise between reach, IQ, speed, and weight, but would not get because it is not weather sealed. We really are fortunate with our Pro line of lenses from Olympus. They really are affordable and all with some of the best weather sealing in the industry.