1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Glad to be here! Pim from NL

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by voltcontrol, Apr 26, 2013.

1. voltcontrol

voltcontrol Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2013
    Hi folks, I'm glad to be here.
    I'm a Dutch guy, and became interested in photography a long, long time ago. Serious Hifi/dj equipment and music (LP's) GAS kept me from ever buying a decent camera however. I've minimised the HiFi stack and sold most of my dj stuff, so now there's budget to finally experience the joys of photography.

I've just picked up a Panny G3 a couple of weeks ago, which is my first foray into 'real' photography.
    I decided to go with mu-43 because it combines results with good portability.
    Panasonic somehow spoke to me because of the awesome video results that firmware hacking makes possible, available lenses and the simple factor of affordability.

Tips, tricks, advice, fun, enjoyment of photos, I'm looking for all of it.

If you have advice already on the basis of the photo selection at the bottom of this post, please share.

All of these were shot with the 14mm f2.5 pancake. After I get my adapter I'll also be able to try out the 55mm 1.8 Takumar and the 55mm f2 44-2 Helios.
    No idea what my ideal lens is/will be/should be and which will turm out to be the keepers.

All of these were shot raw and converted directly without any further pp.
    The first pic was shot in the Dutch city 's-Hertogenbosch (aka Den Bosch).
    The others were shot in Belgium, in the Ardennes (Bouillon/Les Hayons specifically) region.

8682218769_aa0dcd7718_c.

8677981878_f498e2c78e_c.

[​IMG]

8676876781_b50a23e198_c.

8676875199_ec1d655f53_c.

8676875171_8ed04f8a53_c.

8677982616_07e9a68dd9_b.

2. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    Welcome.

I love the Dutch country side. Are you anywhere near the Tulip fields. Late April is usually prime time for Tulip mania.

3. voltcontrol

voltcontrol Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2013
    Thank you nuclearboy. I am near (NL is quite a small country) the tulip fields, but not quite near enough for a casual photo trip. Thanks for the good idea, I'll have to start planning. ;)

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard! Your photos look great. :thumbup:

5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Voltcontrol, welcome aboard.

Nice photos indeed!

If you're into sound as well as photography you might want to check out

The Online Photographer

The blog owner. Mike Johnson, is also an audiophile and occasionally posts interesting articles on stereo gear.

Glad to have you with us.

Regards,

Jim

6. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    Welcome . . .great photos. I too have the G3. it's wonderful camera . . . and a great price.

7. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    Welcome from another Dutchie!

8. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    Welcome to the forums. Thanks for sharing the photos.

9. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Nice shots! Welcome!

10. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    The time is ripe for flowers. I am a bit of a biking nut so when visiting NL I am in biking heaven. I was able to bike around and definitely headed towards Lisse to see Keukenhof and the Tulip Feilds. I felt lucky to be there in the spring. Always love the people over there too.

tulip-rows.

daffodil-field3.