1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Glad I Found This Site

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Made In Yorkshire, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Made In Yorkshire

Made In Yorkshire New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2011
    Leeds
    Hi All,

Just like to say thanks for what is a very informative and helpful forum, helped me no end in finally choosing a new camera for my wife.

Never thought I would personally be able to get so interested in reading the different threads about cameras and the many aspects of photography but hey you've certainly won me over.

Many thanks

Dave

• Like Like x 5
  2. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I have been a member since the site first started and despite a period of absence, I stand by my original view that this is the most informed, friendly and willing to share site anywhere on the net.

Everyone here has a vested interest in sharing knowledge, images and experiences without the sidelines of sniping or trolling so it is a joy to vist, look and learn.

Welcome onboard - you will not regret it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome to the forum from Boston (the US one)

4. Made In Yorkshire

Made In Yorkshire New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2011
    Leeds
    Everyone here has a vested interest in sharing knowledge, images and experiences without the sidelines of sniping or trolling so it is a joy to vist, look and learn.

Welcome onboard - you will not regret it.[/QUOTE]

Cheers Ian,

I fear my only regret could be to my wallet, I can honestly seeing me having to buy a camera for myself now!

Just found everything on here so interesting and I cannot believe how good the photos posted on here are, real quality and an inspiration to all novices like myself to improve, learn and enjoy.

Dave

5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

6. c5karl

c5karl Mu-43 Regular

May 31, 2011
    Fairfax, Va., USA
    I concur with what Made in Yorkshire posted.

I'd already had my G10 for about four months when I found this site. As I stretch my legs a little more and start experimenting with things like shooting RAW and re-purposing old Nikon lenses, this site has been a great resource.

My only complaints are about the daily temptations to try all the cool stuff others are doing by picking up more gear. :frown:

But I'm having a blast with what I have. There's plenty of time in the future to acquire more goodies once I've really learned to use the ones I have.

7. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    I am new to this group as well, and I have really enjoyed reading the site. I have always been involved in photography....coming and going at times. I do belong to another very involved photography forum, but not having the newest Nikon or Canon puts you into the often ignored group of obscured photographers. I really like the micro 4/3 system---learning and experimenting! It is fun manually focusing again!!

8. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    We have all been there

Cheers Ian,

I fear my only regret could be to my wallet, I can honestly seeing me having to buy a camera for myself now!

Just found everything on here so interesting and I cannot believe how good the photos posted on here are, real quality and an inspiration to all novices like myself to improve, learn and enjoy.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Dave,

We have all been there and half the fun is the journey from where you are now to where you can be in the near future - learning, experimenting, and getting that satisfaction from seeing your work improve.

The good thing about photography is that it never stops evolving and so we as photographers also develop, grow,and learn new things - that's what makes it so exciting!

Enjoy the ride Dave.

9. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome aboard!!!

10. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Big welcome from Australia!

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Dave, we're very glad you found this site too!