1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Glad I found my way here

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by lowincash, Mar 9, 2012.

1. lowincash

lowincash Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I'm new to the forum, but not to m43 cameras =] I got the GF1 when they first came out and after dumping my Canon 50D but then went back to DSLR, Nikon D7000. However, I then went back to m43 again, this time the Panasonic G3, had it for a few months then tried the Olympus E-P3. I love the cool retro styling that's why I got the E-P3. I have an old Minolta SRT101 and I was wishing if only it would come in a digital format. I got my answer with the new Oly E-M5 :biggrin:

I preordered the E-M5 and have a feeling I will be pretty happy with it. Will probably get the 12 and 45 lens first then whatever comes later. I already sold my NEX-7 and the Zeiss lens for it.

Not sure why I didn't find this forum earlier on, I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time here haha

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome! :) I'm sure you will enjoy yourself here.

3. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Apt username I see... :rofl:

Welcome!

4. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    My cash flow has been lowered as well, partly because of this site, but what I have gained far outweighs it.I love my E P3 and the lenses you mentioned.
    Welcome.

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome, this is a very friendly site ... and we are all waiting to see your stuff.

G

6. lowincash

lowincash Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the welcome =] Yeah it's hard to save $$$ when there's sites like this out there...Not that it's a bad thing haha it's just that photography is such an expensive hobby =P

Although it was a very tough decision selling the NEX-7 and the Zeiss 24mm lens, it felt great holding onto a stack of benjamins. Won't last long though, it's all going back into the m43 setup haha

7. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Welcome.

I've seen some of your stuff over at Nikoncafe(mematsu). I recently migrated completely from a full Nikon arsenal and joined here right before xmas. The atmosphere here is very friendly and helpful. Much like the Cafe.

See you around.

8. lowincash

lowincash Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles
    oh hey! haha can't wait to get my camera and lens so I can start shooting again =]

9. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Welcome to the forum!

10. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome aboard. Post some pics soon!