1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

"Girl Distracted"

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Chris Malikoff, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Chris Malikoff

Chris Malikoff Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    "Girl Distracted"

Olympus OM-D & 75mm f/.18

P8250215.

• Like Like x 19
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hahaah we can start thread ..Girl distracted..lol

Here is mine entry ..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

P8052235.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Very nice capture?

Wow! I think you did a fabulous job on this one. That lens is impressive and the range of tones in the composition is wonderful.
    Dan

• Like Like x 1
  4. soulofoto

soulofoto Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2012
    great foto..too bad she was wearing all black..but the background bokeh, her face, the lighting...all great...what a lens!

• Like Like x 1
  5. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    good photo Chris !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Malikoff

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks everyone. It's funny now, but I quickly turned and snapped her merely as a demonstration of my FOV with the 75mm f/1.8 to a mate I was with who also has an OM-D. Literally 10 minutes later, we'd walked into a photo store in Sydney's George Street and he bought the only one they had. Top dollar too.

I'd have liked to see a little detail in her dress, but she was standing in the shadows. I boosted the curves a little to see her face but the dress was just too dark.

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Nice lighting!!! Good timing, great exposure. Thanks for sharing. I think I need to get down-under so I can partake of some of your light.

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  8. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Chris the detail in the dress would have been nice but the soft living on the face makes up for it , drawing your eye to her face rather than the dress.
    Your friend paid top dollar the impulse purchase, he didn't get the 75/1.8 also, Aussie store prices can be very savage

How about posting a shot of scope or sagitta. With the 75, I'd love to see one

9. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    What maiden wants to listen to the concert when there's a cute satyr sitting next to her?

[​IMG]

10. Chris Malikoff

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks Daniel

The 75mm f1/1.8 is a rare beast still, and it was most definitely the only one in store at Paxtons. Even Foto Riesel didn't have any. He paid retail, but was not given a substantial disc out - merely $25 for being a regular customer.

11. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Looks as if there was a breeze behind her blowing the hair and dress. The light I g on her face is perfect. This is a very fine shot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris Malikoff

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks Rev :) I'd like the tree behind her to be gone, but I'm otherwise happy with it.

13. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I was clicking through the threads and when i came upon this one and the picture came up I said 'wow' audibly. What a great moment captured with the right stuff at the right time. The light on her face is what holds it together so well.

Thanks for sharing! I envy your possession of the 75mm. Lock it away tonight so I won't be tempted.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris Malikoff

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Thank you sir :) Love your work on 500px

15. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    Love all three of these ... I wonder what they were thinking