1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

"Girl Distracted"

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Chris Malikoff, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Chris Malikoff

Chris Malikoff Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    "Girl Distracted"

Olympus OM-D & 75mm f/.18

P8250215.
    E-M5    OLYMPUS M.75mm F1.8    75mm    f/2.8    1/400s    ISO 200

• Like Like x 19
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Hahaah we can start thread ..Girl distracted..lol

Here is mine entry ..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

P8052235.
    E-PL2    ---    25mm    f/1.6    1/60s    ISO 320

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Very nice capture?

Wow! I think you did a fabulous job on this one. That lens is impressive and the range of tones in the composition is wonderful.
    Dan

• Like Like x 1
  4. soulofoto

soulofoto Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2012
    great foto..too bad she was wearing all black..but the background bokeh, her face, the lighting...all great...what a lens!

• Like Like x 1
  5. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    good photo Chris !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Malikoff

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks everyone. It's funny now, but I quickly turned and snapped her merely as a demonstration of my FOV with the 75mm f/1.8 to a mate I was with who also has an OM-D. Literally 10 minutes later, we'd walked into a photo store in Sydney's George Street and he bought the only one they had. Top dollar too.

I'd have liked to see a little detail in her dress, but she was standing in the shadows. I boosted the curves a little to see her face but the dress was just too dark.

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Nice lighting!!! Good timing, great exposure. Thanks for sharing. I think I need to get down-under so I can partake of some of your light.

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  8. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Chris the detail in the dress would have been nice but the soft living on the face makes up for it , drawing your eye to her face rather than the dress.
    Your friend paid top dollar the impulse purchase, he didn't get the 75/1.8 also, Aussie store prices can be very savage

How about posting a shot of scope or sagitta. With the 75, I'd love to see one

9. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    What maiden wants to listen to the concert when there's a cute satyr sitting next to her?

[​IMG]

10. Chris Malikoff

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks Daniel

The 75mm f1/1.8 is a rare beast still, and it was most definitely the only one in store at Paxtons. Even Foto Riesel didn't have any. He paid retail, but was not given a substantial disc out - merely $25 for being a regular customer.

11. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Looks as if there was a breeze behind her blowing the hair and dress. The light I g on her face is perfect. This is a very fine shot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris Malikoff

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks Rev :)  I'd like the tree behind her to be gone, but I'm otherwise happy with it.

13. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I was clicking through the threads and when i came upon this one and the picture came up I said 'wow' audibly. What a great moment captured with the right stuff at the right time. The light on her face is what holds it together so well.

Thanks for sharing! I envy your possession of the 75mm. Lock it away tonight so I won't be tempted.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris Malikoff

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Thank you sir :)  Love your work on 500px

15. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    Love all three of these ... I wonder what they were thinking

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.