1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Giottos 2.7" LCD Protector for E-PL1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Covey22, May 12, 2011.

1. Covey22

Covey22 Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2011
    New England, USA
    I had been running for about a week with the LCD of my E-PL1 unprotected. I hadn't even bothered removing the membrane skin that is stuck on it when it leaves the factory. :biggrin: In the meantime, I had searched for a good 2.7" LCD protector and wasn't really crazy about the skins that I had used on my iPod/iPad - you know, the ones that require you to use a piece of cardboard to remove the air bubbles.

Then I found the Giottos series of screen protectors. Schott Glass, and they promised easy installation. The dearth (all two of them, but one of them claimed to be an E-PL1 owner) of reviews on Amazon made me leery, and the price was a little steeper than the eBay options I had bookmarked, but I took the chance. Had to wait a bit, since I'm a cheap buyer and paid for the slow ground shipping. But it showed up today, and man what a protector! That Schott Glass is thin and amazingly clear. It looked brittle, but I could rap the screen with my knuckles and it was firm. And it took all of 30 seconds to install. I just had to confirm with the included template that it would in fact fit properly over the rear LCD without obscuring, removed the membranes and applied the protector. Done. And I could finally dispose of that factory applied protective skin. :cool: Highly recommended!

2. cvwood

cvwood Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    +1. It is a great piece of [relatively] cheap insurance for your LCD. I've bumped into things with the Giottos protector and it just glances off. If only ALL my gadget purchases could be this great!

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I had one on my E-PL1 and liked it. I recently put a GGS version on my E-P1 and to be honest it fits better than the Giottos one did Although I suspect that i more due to the E-P1 than the screen protector). Either way it's a nice addition to the Pens and a nice way to protect the LCD.