Gh5s Image Quality, Jpeg and Raw

pranavanarp

Mu-43 Rookie
Hello,

Although I mainly purchased Gh5s for video uses, I have been using it a lot for photography lately. But I have noticed that there is a biggg difference between how it shoots in Raw and jpegs. The jpeg photos it produces is very artificial for my taste, the image compressions feels almost like the camera has applied a softening beauty filter and the resulting image is very waxy. I thought this was due to shooting in high iso. but it's the same case in lower iso settings too. The quality is Raw is great but sometimes it's a hassle to correct the color of every photo because the white balance is a little off right out of the camera of Raw images compared to the jpegs.

I will attach the photo comparison below. I was wondering if any if you have experienced the same problem? Is the 10 mp sensor of the camera causing this? How is photography in jpg in Gh5? Also, I owned a Fuji X100t before this and the photos it produced in jpegs were as close to the raw quality of Gh5s.

Here is a picture shot in Jpeg:
Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 16.31.29.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
here is the picture shot in Raw:
Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 16.31.47.png

pranavanarp

Mu-43 Rookie
Are you using the standard picture profile [STD] and not some other profile. Other than that I have no idea.
But one of the more experienced people will probably jump soon and provide better suggestions.
I am using the Natural profile as it seems to be more neutral than the standard picture profile. But I don't think that's the reason for this.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
Are you using the high quality JPEG setting?

1629798985511.png

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom