GH4 Review from Nat Geo photographer

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Wasabi Bob, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

I just received a link to a GH4 review done by Dan Cox. Dan is a professional photographer whose credentials include two cover stories for National Geographic Magazine and his current volunteer work as Director of the Arctic Documentary Project for Polar Bears International.

Dan’s comments focus more on the GH4’s improvements in still photography, in contrast to the 4K video push that most reviews seem to be focusing on. Having shot the GH4, I totally agree with Dan’s comments on what a great still camera GH4 is.
    • Like Like x 10
  2. jonlong

jonlong Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2013
    That's excellent. I look forward to hearing more about the image quality, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Thanks Bob. Not up to D4 standards, but pretty darn good, and at least as good as any DSLR I've used below the professional bodies. I was almost hoping that DFD really didn't make much difference (I'd save a bunch of money), but it looks like a GH4 is going to end up on my shopping list this year.
  4. val

val Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2013
    Looks very good.

seems that Panasonic have a big win on their hands and the cost here in australia is $1900 which is remarkable considering all the tech in it.
  5. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
    Thank you for posting the link.
  6. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    Jeez Bob! this is going to cost me $3500!!! $1700 for the camera, but my O45 isn't in the DFD database so now I HAVE to buy the Nocticron!
  7. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
  8. markdaunt

markdaunt Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2012
    The nocticron is an amazing lens no matter which body you use it on.
  9. BlackOakMo

BlackOakMo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    Oxford Mississippi
    Looks very promising. There are plenty of nice sharp images in the group and it looks like for the first time caf might be a real option on mu43. I know this was just a test but did not see many nice tight shots. You know, the kind that make sport shots stand out.

Sent from phone using Mu-43 mobile app
  10. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    I wonder if we can get a continuous autofocus test between the GH4 and E-M1.